Chapter 9

~(Y/N)’s pov

The car had been in motion for nearly an hour and a half and I already wanted to get up and stretch. I still had another 4 hours and twenty minutes left on this horror road trip, it didn't help I was becoming more and more board as Alucard had since given up on conversing with me. I turned my head and was met by bright red eyes, I mentally screamed at the thought of her staring at me for the past who knows how long. At least she had stayed silent, but maybe now was a good time to get to know her, it would surely help pass the time. "So, Seras how long have you been a creature of the night?" Seras sat up straight as a hesitant smile before she responded. "um...about 3 months now...I think." She looked nervously at Alucard but he was far too busy staring at me curiously drinking his blood wine. "Relax Mrs. Victoria, I only wish to further my knowledge on the people I am to work with. I have already gotten to know your master, whether it was a pleasure or not I'll let you decide." I mused. Seras chuckled at my statement about Alucard and appeared to visibly relax. "Alright, then I can ask you questions to, right?" I nodded in response and Seras appeared to be more excited now. "How old are you?" I let out a quite chuckle, "Now, now Seras a lady never reveals her true age but I am much older that your master." Alucard chuckled at my response but went back to drinking his 'wine' and analysing me when I looked at him. "Wow, that must mean you have a lot of stories and have experienced a lot...so what is your favourite period in time so far?" I raised my eyebrow as I took in her question. I pondered for a while longer before answering, "A tough question, I have experienced many monumental moments in history the crowning of the king of Jerusalem on the 25th December 1100. It was a most interesting event despite its religious intentions." This made Alucard smirk falter as he began to comprehend just how long (Y/N) had been alive. I decided to be a little childish and continue, "however I have seen many deaths from the death of King Ardashire 3rd of Persia in 630 to the birth of Augustus Caesar in 63 BC. From the first crusade to the last crusade I've seen a lot. Choosing one moment in history is most difficult." I finished leaving both Seras and Alucard speechless.

"You are an incredibly bold woman, it is both amusing and interesting." I stated brining Seras back to her sense's. she nodded her head in response and went back to pondering questions she could bambard me with. "Now Alucard if you continue to stare at me I may have to break your fangs, in fear that you might be considering making me your next meal." I mused. Alucards head snapped up and his eyes met yours as he chuckled. "You do smell like a delicious delicacy." Alucard stated before laughing again. I stared at him for a couple of minutes before looking back at Seras, who looked like she had something to say. "Yes, Seras you appear to be itching to ask me yet another question." Seras' eyes light up at my acknowledgement. "Are there others of your kind and as old as you?" My eyes dulled a little I understood that she was being curious but even I have topics that I am sensitive about. "There are others who are around my age as for my own kind...if there are more than they have hidden themselves well..." I turned my gaze out the window to distract my mind from the negative thought that were threating to seep into my mind.

The car came to a sudden halt and smell of fuel assaulted my nose, I opened the window ever so slightly letting a small amount of daylight; that was slowly approaching; through the window. I stared in the direction the scent of fuel was coming from, there was a car in front of us that was in a crumpled mess with ghouls trying to get to the trapped victims. I opened the door of the Hellsing car and turned around s that I was facing the two vampires still sat in the car, "Be good and stay put I'll clear the mess in front of us and then we can get back on our trip." I stated blandly. "But don't you want us to help?" Seras asked concern could easily be heard in her voice. "Nonsense, this is just the excuse I've been looking for to get out of this godforsaken vehicle and stretch my legs. Shedding the ghouls blood is just a nice little extra." With that I shut the door and pulled out two of my daggers. This was going to be fun!

I made it clear to the ghouls that I was approaching them by dragging my blade along metal bar that was impaled in the ground. Their attention was now solely fixed on me so that those trapped in the vehicle would be safer for the time being. As the ghouls began edging closer I readied one of my lades and threw the other one directly through one of the four ghouls hearts. One down three more to go, this would be easy to wrap up no thanks to our driver who stayed in the car and coward whilst watching innocence fading I would surely have to have words with Integra over his competence but for now let's wrap this up. I lunged forward and impaled one of the ghouls on the dagger before pulling it out of its chest cavity and plunging it directly into the ghouls heart behind me. One left it appeared that it was using my distracted status to go back to the car crash victims, I wasn't about to let a ghoul get the better of me just yet. I walked forward and picked up the blade currently laded on the floor and threw it directly at the ghoul's heart, it staggered and then crumpled to the ground. I walked up to the ghoul's body that was yet to dissipate and yanked the blade out of its heart and placed both blades in a handkerchief and placed them in the side of my halter until I had chance to clean them.

I headed over to the car wreckage to see if there had been any survivors, I peered through the back windows that were both miraculously intact, there were children three of them two of them couldn't be more than 6 and 3 the other was around 14. The two youngest we're no longer of this earth and it would appear both the parents in the front of the car were deceased as well, but I could hear the heartbeat of the girl. I pulled the door easily off its hinges a combination of my strength and the fact that the car was a wreck. I grabbed the girl and walked out back to the car and entered the door and slid back into my seat the girl still in my arms. I saw Alucard eyes snap towards the girl, he could most likely smell her blood from one of her open wounds. Jokingly I raised my hand in a stop motion, "down boy she's no meal, she's got a good chance of survival without you interfering." I finished with a fake smile and returned my attention back to the girl still laid unconscious in my arms. "Relax I'll call Integra and inform her of the situation, she'll work out the rest of the issues that may arise with our new traveling partner."

Gently I turned the girl so that her head was resting on my collar bone and her body ran along my torso her legs hanging over mine. I let out sigh, by the time we arrive sun would be up and Alucard and Seras would need somewhere to rest until night fell as we had not packed their coffins so they would be terribly uncomfortable in the day...well at least Seras would be. So, I shut my eyes and let out a sigh, we still had 1 hour to go till we were in Richmond and I wasn't sure I could survive much longer feeling Alucard and Seras' stares.