Chapter 10

The hour went by painfully slow and once the three had finally arrived they had the daunting task of finding somewhere to stay for the day. With Alucard's constantly glued to (Y/N) she would be grateful if she could get a room where he was not, sure she didn't mind people observing her but that's all Alucard had done for 5 hours. The three of them reached the counter, the receptionist giving Alucard a double take most likely because of his attire. (Y/N) cleared her throat which caught the receptionist's attention. "We would like three rooms for the day if that is possible." It was more of a statement than a question. The woman behind the counter looked through her computer before responding, "I'm afraid we only have two room." Alucard grinned but didn't get a chance to say anything, as (Y/N) spoke up again. "That will do I'll share a room with Seras and Alucard can have a room all to himself." She states before taking one of the two room keys the receptionist held out to them. She headed towards the elevator still holding the girl form earlier and Seras closely behind.  Alucard realised that the two women and girl were now in the elevator and he hastened his pace ever so slightly to catch them before the elevator door shut. 

The ride up the elevator was short and dinged when they reached the fourth floor, the doors slid open revealing a somewhat sophisticated hallway. (Y/N) walked out the elevator and continued walking towards room '235' were they would be staying. Reading the door number as she went along (Y/N) almost let a triumphant cheer when she found their room...almost...quickly unlocking the door with her free hand. She headed directly for the bed and placed the girl on the plush mattress before wandering into the bathroom her phone already to her ear as Alucard and Seras entered the room.

Alucard walked over to the girl laid unconscious on the bed and observed her current state, he found it rather intriguing that (Y/N) had saved this human girl, especially as she had informed him earlier of her distrust of humans. Why was this girl so different he wandered, perhaps she saw something in this girl that she hasn't seen in a human before. "um...master..." Seras stuttered. "Silence police girl." Alucard stated. Seras shut her mouth quickly and kept her concerns of her masters potentially dangerous look; at the girl; to herself while she waited for (Y/N) to return.

A few moments later (Y/N) returned with a first aid kit and a phone held between her ear and her shoulder. She moved Alucard away from the girl with a shooing motion and then set the first aid kit down on the bedside table. "Yes, Integra...I understand...Yes." (Y/N) nodded her head every time she said yes to Integra on the other end of the phone. "Very well...Yes...of coarse as soon as she is conscious and our job is completed I will contact you...yes...goodbye Integra." With that (Y/N) hung the phone up and placed it behind the first aid kit. She then began to pull out disinfectants and bandages and began tending to the unconscious girl.

-----     --------      --------       -------         ---------       -------      --------     - ----      -----------      -------   --------    --- 

~Alucard's pov~

Once (Y/N) was done covering all the girl's injuries she inspected her work, I watched as she nodded her head with a satisfied look on her face. She muttered something about making a full recovery and then went to one of the cupboards that held the spare linen for Seras and (Y/N)'s room and fashioned rope like restraints and tied the girl to the bed. I chuckled at her actions, her head snapped around and her gaze met mine. "It's a precaution we can't have her running off when she wakes up, especially if we are not here." She stated curtly before turning her attention back to the restraints. I wasn't sure what it was about the girl that (Y/N) was tending to but I didn’t fancy having her around for too long, if possible. Perhaps I knew that (Y/N) would become attached to her and I was...concerned...that she might get hurt by the humans again. But then again maybe it was because her blood smelt very unappetising to me. I continued to watch (Y/N) until she shooed me out of the room, presumably so that I would go to my own room and leave the three females alone. I thought for a moment deciding it was not worth depriving (Y/N) of the rest she most likely required after such a long day. 

~(Y/N)'s pov~

I made sure the door was locked despite knowing that Alucard easily walk through a wall if he wanted to, I hoped he didn't. I saw Seras eying the free space on the bed, shaking my head in amusement I gestured for her to take it walking over to an empty plush chair. I was most certainly not tied after all I had been cooped up inside that car for five hours, so I sat there in the chair and began revising what I had learnt on my current traveling companions. Seras' history was pretty normal for a former human, her parents had died, she joined the police force and then in turn nearly died sad but nothing to unusual for a human in her previous line of work. Alucard however, though we had numerous conversations there was still so much I wished to learn about him. Although I was no better, I was far too cautious and my past often shrouded in mystery. The room was now completely silent with Seras and the girl now both unconscious. I shut my eyes in hopes that I to would join the land of dreams, it worked...briefly until I forced my eyes open when a horrid glimpse of my past began to play out in my dreams. I got to my feet and excited the room; having no further interest in sleeping; I quietly left room 235 and hesitantly walked across the hallway to room 236, Alucard's room. I lifted my hand and went to knock against the mahogany door but was met by Alucard's voice telling me to come in. I opened the door with ease and walked into the dimly lit room, I took note of Alucard sat in similar chair to the one in my room. In his hand, he had a wine glass with its usual bloody content. Perhaps a conversation with Alucard would put mind more at ease before the upcoming battle, calmly I walked over and sat on the vacant bed within the room and looked directly at Alucard.

"Do you ever not attempt to anything sober?" I gesture at the wine glass in his hand earning a laugh of approval from Alucard. "Why not have a drink with me?" Alucard muses holding the glass out to me. I take the glass from him  accepting his challenge and sniff the contents,"Oh my I'm afraid I must refuse this is A positive, I am far more picky with my blood preferring AB negative and B negative when I choose to consume such a beverage." I state trying to sound arrogant as I hand him the glass back, "But by all means do not halt your consumption of this precious life force because of me." I grin before looking through the gap between the curtains. The desolate sun even from this concrete monstrosity the humans prided themselves on creating. "The moon is always so beautiful yet always so lonely, despite being surrounded by millions of stars, but the sun as obnoxious and cherished as it may be is always overstated and never alone...perhaps I shall find my place within the night, with those who lead a lonely life and were I may be free of judgment. Maybe then I will no longer be caged." I speak softly not once breaking my gaze at the sun. I continue to stare out the window until Alucards gaze becomes unbearably noticeable."An extract from your past my dear?" Alucard questioned. I nodded my head and met his gaze, "perhaps I shall be inclined to enlighten you to it one day." I say my eyes shutting briefly, as I was aware that they were reflecting the sadness that came with my previous words. "Perhaps when this is over Alucard...perhaps we could share some more tales from our past... would be lying if I didn't say I was quite curious as to how you came to be the man you are today." I asked true interest scrawled over my features. "Perhaps...indeed perhaps. I must say I'm rather intrigued to learn more on your past as well." With that I smiled at him before moving to lie on my stomach. "Would it be a bother if I stayed in here, Seras is snoring on the only vacant section of the bed and I did not realise just how comfortable these mattresses were." I say stretching out more on the mattress. "No bother at all." With that the two of us fell into a comfortable silence as the hours began to fall away till the moon would once again grace the sky with it's beauty.