Chapter 18

~(Y/N)'s pov~

"Good your all here." Integra raised an eyebrow, "Were the hell is Pip?" she asked sounding rather irritated. As if Pip had some kind of 6th sense he appeared through the door with a large grin on his face, this seemed to aggravate Integra. I couldn't help but chuckle at this man's demeanour, that and the fact that he clearly had no idea that Integra was less than impressed with his tardiness. "And were the hell have you been?" Integra asked in a demanding manor. "Well you see miss Integra...." Pip slowly began to explain. "You are a member of the Hellsing organisation and as such you should be punctual at all times and well presented." Integra stated angrily. Pip opened his mouth; most likely in order to argue about his presentation; but quickly shut his mouth. "To be perfectly fair Integra I have seen many poorly dressed men in my life Pip could be a lot worse especially as a rotten mercenary such as himself. " I stated with a closed eye smile. Pip nodded in agreement at her words, "She's right...wait we are not rotten mercenaries." He argued. I watched as Seras tried to contain her laughter. Walter cleared his throat bringing our attention back to Integra. "Now that your all here, I'm sending you to Rio on a mission." Integra stated looking down at several papers laid out in front of her on her desk. "We have had conformation from the Vatican that the Millennium are indeed survivor Nazi officials are responsible for the attack on the manor." Integra stated.

I let out a low warning growl at the sound of the Vatican, I despised those pest's. I've had more than enough time to allow thought on such an organisation and they've provided me with more than enough reasons to despise them. "And you thought the Vatican were our best point of call." I questioned barely cloaking the seething anger that was boiling within my veins. "As much as it pains me to say it yes." Integra stated nonchalantly. "And so, you've decided based on information provided from them it's a good idea to send us into their territory?" I questioned no longer masking the anger and disgust flowing through me. I didn't give Integra to respond, "Did it not occur they could be talking us right into one of their traps with their elaborately woven tales?" This time it was rhetorical question. "And if it's not (Y/N)? I am failing to see your argument." Integra stated again more defensively this time. I looked to Alucard who was watching intently, I had hoped that maybe he would speak up before I said something that could be potentially disasters but alas he just stood there and observed. "I for one am not risking such an encounter, it's all sunshine and rainbows when you're not chasing tails but I for one know that the Vatican are far from trustworthy and will have nothing to do with them today." With that I let out a final warning growl and walked out of the room with shocked stares following me out of the room until I was out of sight.

I had plenty of reason to not trust the Vatican and I had done well to keep my distance from them for this long, I was most certainly not going to go blindly into their territory based on information they have provided. I continued walking forward not paying attention to my direction of travel, I just knew if I was anywhere near that room there was a good chance I might injure someone or worst-case scenario accidently rip someone's throat out. Even now I could feel the anger bubbling within me seeking some form of release for fear I may explode. When I finally came to a halt I realised I had wandered into Alucard's abode, maybe I could find something to drink. I began rummaging around Alucard's room, normally I wouldn't go through someone else's property but I was far beyond caring at this point and Alucard most likely not be bothered anyway. Damn it were the on earth does he keep all his bottled wine he had like three things in this room and he always had a fresh bottle no matter the hour. Let's see it wasn't stashed under his chair or on his side table maybe it was under his coffin or something. I walked over to the coffin and inspected underneath it and yet still I found nothing maybe it was inside his coffin, I reached forward to lift the lid but quickly drew my hand back...that's probably not the best idea I'm in no mood to see what could potentially scar me mentally for life...I mean this is Alucard we're talking about there could be severed limbs or something in there.

"I figured you might be thirsty." Alucard stated smugly. I whipped around and glared at him noting the bottle currently held within his hand. "Were on earth do you keep your stash, it's in your coffin, isn't it?" I questioned somewhat in a childish manor. "No actually, but by all means go ahead and look in there you'll find it's very much empty." He stated a grin plastered on his face as he edged closer to me. I gave Alucard a look of suspicion before turning my attention back to the coffin in front of me...did I dare risk it...what if he was lying and I'm right...ah screw it. I threw gently lifted the lid of the coffin smoothly removing it from on top the coffin, he was right it was empty but it was a rather appealing coffin...well as appealing as coffins can be. It had a red velvet lining within it with plush cushioning to soften the bottom of it, the exterior was a dark chocolatey wood with a cross on the lid. Carefully I slid the lid back on his coffin and stood their silently, Alucard had since managed to walk up to me and now stood behind me in silence as well. "bet your wondering why I snapped at Integra?" I asked. "One of the many things I pondered today yes." He stated. "Alright I guess it's story time, why don't you take a seat." I stated gesturing to his empty seat. I followed him and stood leaned up against the wall directly across from him. "I should really think about getting another chair in here you spend more than enough time in here for me to dedicate a hole chair to you." Alucard stated comically. I chuckled, "that wouldn't be such a bad idea." We laughed for a number of minutes until I cleared my throat ending our laughing session. "Now were was I...oh right time for a tale."