Chapter 1

Chapter 1

              She belatedly realized why Natalie was always on her mind. After five years of working together, her being the secretary, and friendship, she realized why she always wanted to be around her.  

             Kathryn had a crush on her best friend Natalie. 

             She didn't know when it happened, perhaps through the many Ben and Jerry's and men-bashing sessions they did. All Kathryn could think about was how Natalie looked in that dark brown pencil skirt with an actual pencil stuck in her dark brown hair. She let her hair grow out and all Kathryn could think about was threading her hand through the silky strands. 

              It finally dawned on her one morning after waking up from a particular dream that left her with wanting. It shocked her and left her confused when it starred her best friend. She got dressed for work like normal and when she got to work, she shocked herself by her thoughts. Natalie's shirt was vee'd more than normal and she saw cleavage. She couldn't help but imagine what her breasts would feel like in her hands. She cleared her throat and continued on with her day.

              It was just another day at work, Kathryn crunching numbers, being the great accountant that she normally was. A knock sounded on her door. 

            "Come in." 

            Natalie walked in and sat down in the chair on the opposite side of the desk. 

           "Since when do you knock?" 

           "Since I decided to. Anyway, I need that memo that you wanted to send out about making sure that the numbers were crunched correctly. You were saying that there were too many accidents last tax season and you wanted another memo sent out. Also, you've been too busy and spacey lately to realize that we have an anniversary coming up." 

           That gave Kathryn a pause. Anniversary? How she yearned for that word to be real. 

          "What anniversary?" 

          "Really? Don't tell me you forgot again. It's the anniversary of the day that temp agency sent me to work here. The day we became friends? Anyway, we have to go to that new club tonight and celebrate." 

        "What club?" 

        "Kathryn! You need to get your head out of the numbers. Club Geronimo just opened up. It's new, hip, and I heard a ton of cute guys go there." 

        Kathryn inwardly sighed. She didn't want a man. 

        "I don't think a man is on my menu for this weekend, but I'll definitely go with you." 

        That gave Natalie pause. 

        "Why don't you want a guy? Personally I think you need to get laid. You're too tense." 

        Kathryn grimaced. 

        "Is that what you think of me? I'm too much into my job and I need to get laid? I though you knew me better than that Natalie." 

        Natalie wrinkled her nose, her eyes saddening. 

       "You know I didn't mean that, Kathryn. You know you're like my sister. I just want you to let loose and have some fun." 

       "And I will when I'm ready. I'm not there yet but when I am, I'll let you know." 

       Natalie grinned.