Chapter 2

Chapter 2

         Kathryn quickly took her glasses off with a groan. She has got to stop working hours at a time and take breaks. She looked at the clock and realized it was twenty minutes until ten. Crap. Natalie was going to kill her. 

        She quickly saved her work on her computer and grabbed her work in her briefcase and quickly left the office, heading to the bathroom. Her purse was safely tucked into her briefcase and she took out as she approached the mirror. She sighed. She had approximately fifteen minutes to make it look like she wasn't at work. 

        She was glad she decided to wear a skirt to work today. She pulled her shirttails out of her skirt and folded the skirt up at the waist. It not reached mid-thigh. She unbuttoned her shirt so the opening now reached a point where her cleavage was showing a little, teasingly. She looked up in the mirror and examined her hair. She pulled the pencils out that held it up and sighed. Her once straightened hair was now back to its waviness. She could work with this. She swiftly pushed her bangs to the right side of her forehead and reached in her purse, looking for her leave-in conditioner. She put a great gob of it on her hands and rubbed together as she hastily put some in her hair. Starting with the roots and working her way down to the ends, she quickly made her waves more pronounced. She rinsed her hands off in the sink and looked up. She kind of looked like a badass. She smirked. 

        Kathryn quickly completed the look with heavy eyeliner, mascara, and her shade of red lipstick. She packed up her stuff and walked out to her car. She drove out of the parking garage and was outside Club Geronimo in a matter of minutes. The clock read 10:02. She hated being late. She grabbed her wallet and pulled out a couple of twenties and stuck them in her bra and her driver's license. She walked up to the cue and waited along with a couple of other ladies.

        Kathryn knew the drill. She quickly caught the bouncer's eye and smiled at him flirtingly. The man's muscles were bulging from his short black t-shirt and she would have normally been really attracted to him but all she could think about was Natalie waiting inside for her.  

        The man smirked at her and waved her up. She walked up, making sure her hips were swinging provocatively. She reached him. 

        "Driver's license please." 

        She smiled and reached into her bra and pulled it out. His eyes kept close watch of her hiding place. 

        He checked and handed it back to her quickly, watching with eagerness as she slowly put it back. He nodded her in and she winked at him. It didn't hurt to have a connection at the new club. 

        She walked in through the entrance and was met with loud music and throngs of people dancing, talking and drinking. She took her phone out and quickly messaged Nat.  

        I'm here. Where you at? 

        By second bar on second floor. I'm wearing my red dress. 

        Kathryn moaned a little at the thought. She looked drop dead sexy in that dress. No doubt she was probably fighting up tons of guys. Kathryn made her way to the staircase and slowly climbed the stairs, giving a sexy effect. She hoped a couple of guys caught it so they'd come by her a drink. Kathryn knew it was wrong to use her feminine wiles like that but if it meant she didn't have to buy her drinks then so be it. 

        She reached the bar after threading her way in and out of the crowds and took a quick scan of the area. She spotted Natalie in a booth in the corner and, with a twinge of disappointment, saw that she was right and there was indeed at least ten guys trying to get her dance with them.