Chapter 5

A/N: This chapter made me almost cry. *sob. I had to get it out fast and share it with you guys so it isn't edited. Sorry. Enjoy! Vote and Comment! AND share! XD  ~CSwartz

Chapter 5

        Stan McDermott had a handful of things he never liked to talk about. Golf, World War II, and World Hunger were just a few. The one topic he thought he would avoid would be that of his son. Jacob proved his old man wrong and grew to be a very profitable business man, despite not having a relationship with him. He never wanted it to come out the way it did, especially by his daughter.  

        Stan loved his children very much, more so because they eeach turned out to be miracles, considering Laura had a hard time getting pregnant. Happy Miracles he would always call his daughters. The one that he was always close to was Kathryn. He loved her, still does. He thought he could never forgive her for outing him to the entire family.  

        Pamela was his dirty little mistake. He had one night with the woman after Laura and he fought. He didn't even remember what it was about anymore. All he could remember was the anger and sadness he felt. The only good thing that came out of that night was Jacob. He could see that now and one of is regrets was not getting to know him as well as he should have. Another of his regrets was Kathryn. He couldn't stop thinking about his little girl, even when he was mad at her. How was she doing, does she feel sorry, how could she do that with a straight face? 

        Then he had his heart attack. When in the face of death and danger, Stan couldn't deny his true feelings any longer. He loved his daughter and he was sorry he tore his family apart. They were now scattered throughout the country. He just hoped he could make it right. 

        Knock knock. 

        "Come in." 

        The last person he thought he would ever see walk through that door did. 

        "K-Kathryn? You came." 

        His voice was whisper thin. Barely audible.  

        "Yes. I think it's about time to put this feud behind us, don't you think so Dad?" 

        He nodded his head. 

        "W-Why d-did you d-do it?" 

        Kathryn's eyes stared daggers into his. 

        "Excuse me? I think the real question is how you could have hidden that from us for years. I trusted you!!!! I t-trusted you, daddy."  

        She was crying now and it made Stan's eyes water. 

        "I trusted you, Kathryn. H-how could I h-have kn-nown you w-would dig into my p-past and fling it back in my face?" 

        "Fling it? I thought I deserved to know that I had a half-brother! A half-brother! Did you even know about him before I said anything?" 

        "N-no. Kathryn I didn't know." 

        He lay there in silence as Kathryn stood by the door, glaring at him. 

        "Kathryn." 

        "Yes?" 

        "I l-love you. I'm not m-mad at you. I d-don't think I was ever m-mad at you. I w-was m-mad at m-myself. C-Can you f-forgive m-me?" 

        Kathryn's eyes teared up and she could barely breathe correctly. She looked down at the man that helped made her. How could this man do so many terrible things and still get her forgiveness? She loved him. Of course she loved her father, the man that raised her eighteen years. Could she forgive him and not hate him after he was gone? Could she even get through to her mother?