Chapter 18- The Dinner: Part Three

Chapter 18

        They moved to the living room where they started playing charades. Everyone, at least, ate four pieces of the tiramisu that Natalie made. Completely buzzed, everyone was having the time of their lives. Stacy was sitting next to Justin on the sofa, oblivious to the fact that he was openly gawking at her now. Luke was sitting next to Caleb on dining room chairs that they moved out, also completely oblivious that Caleb was staring at him.  

        Natalie and Kathryn sat next to each other laughing their butts off at everyone. They did eat some of the dessert, but not as much as everyone else. They talked to each other and came to the decision that there needed to be people looking out for everyone. Jacob was currently making like Chicken Little in the middle of the living room. His arms were propped up like wings and he was flapping them, along with making a weird noise and staring at the ceiling. 

        "Chicken Little!" 

        Caleb yelled it loudly. Natalie grinned and silently applauded him. It was a major accomplishment that he got that, what with staring at Luke and not paying that much attention to the game. 

        Jacob jumped up and down and was yelling at the top of his lungs, like a jackass, in celebration. 

        "Bugs Bunny!" 

        Everyone laughed at Justin.  

        "Dude, I wasn't even doing a charade!" 

        "Well then you shouldn't look like Bugs Bunny on crack!" 

        Instead of punching Justin in the face, like Natalie and Kathryn thought he'd do, Jacob threw his head back and laughed until he cried. 

        "You said crack!" 

        Everyone started laughing.

        This went on for another hour and a half, making jokes and laughing their asses off. Justin got up and did a charade. He stood in the center of the floor, holding his arms above his head pointing at the sky. He then moved his foot to balance on his knee, leaving him on one leg. 

        "Are you doing a yoga move?" 

        He looked into Stacy's eyes and she shivered. He winked at her and she flushed. 

        "No it isn't a yoga move." 

        "You're a tree!" 

        He looked at Luke and grinned at him. He nodded his head and returned to the seat next to Stacy. He casually placed his arm behind her on the sofa and leaned in a little closer, feeling her warmth invading the side that they were touching. He turned to look at her and saw she was staring at him. Stacy blushed and then turned away. 

        Jacob saw the interaction and between the haze that he felt, he knew that backing off would be the better option, especially since they were vibin' pretty well. He turned to look at Caleb and Luke and saw they were talking to each other. Caleb had his hand on Luke's leg and Luke was leaning in to hear him better. He looked over and saw his sister and her wife cuddling. 

        Her wife. It would always be weird saying that, he never pictured her getting married and to a woman to boot? He shook his head. He was happy for her. She found her ending. He decided it was time to take his leave. 

        "Katie, Nat? I'm going to head out. I'll see you all bright and early tomorrow."  

        He walked up close to Natalie and whispered in her ear.