Chapter 23

Chapter 23

        Exactly two days after they brought Cole and Elizabeth home Natalie and Kathryn's families decided to pay a visit. Their "family" consisted of everyone. Kathryn's sisters and brother, Justin and Stacy, Luke and Caleb, and a couple of people that they could call friends from town. Their family was weird but they loved them.  

        Natalie warned Cole and Elizabeth that they were all crazy but not to be afraid of them. They talked with everyone and they were going to be on their best behavior. Cole shook his head and laughed. 

        It was a change from two days ago when he was so reserved that it was scary. Apparently Kathryn's talk with him worked because he showed signs of starting to get comfortable in the house. He even let Kat show him around the ranch. Elizabeth on the other hand had fully embraced ranch life and was riding a horse they named Cotton around. It was like she was meant for this life. Another way for Natalie and Kathryn to know they made the right choice or rather, life had made the right choice for them.  

        They were told not to make any food, which left them curious as to what was going to happen.

        They came in droves. It was as if they invited the entire town out for a barbeque. The sheriff even walked up to them and congratulated them on their new family. They knew then that they had been officially accepted. 

        Natalie turned to see Jacob walking up to her with his hand engulfing a young woman's. She had dark hair and pretty eyes. She also looked extremely uncomfortable being there.  

        "Nat! I'd like you to meet my date, -" 

        "Hannah? What are you doing with Jacob? You know he's an idiot." 

        They all laughed together. 

        "I forgot you knew my sister, Hannah. Listen, we're going to walk around, but first I want you to point me in my new nephew's direction." 

        Natalie glanced around and spotted Cole talking to Justin. He was laughing hysterically. She smiled. She also spotted Luke and Caleb listening in, standing close enough that they were touching.

        "He's over there talking to Justin." 

         Jacob's face turned to pure terror.  

        "You're letting the man corrupt him? It's alright! I'm coming Cole! I'll save you!!!!" 

        Jacob ran toward them and left Hannah to stand with Natalie.  

        "Is he always like that around family?" 

        "No. I think being with you has loosened him up. He used to act like a rake every chance he got. He's seemed to relax since you've started dating." 

        "Oh. We aren't dat-" 

        "That's too bad, because I can already tell you love him." 

        Natalie walked away after dropping a smile and went to find Elizabeth. She saw her attached to Kathryn's hip as they were talking to her sisters. Natalie walked up behind Kathryn and Elizabeth saw her. Nat put her finger up to her lips and told her, silently, to be quiet. Elizabeth's face lit up with a grin and she covered her mouth, successfully muffling a giggle. Natalie snuck up behind Kat and tickled her hips. Kathryn gasped and was turning around to yell at whoever it was when she saw Natalie. She grinned and leaned down to kiss her. 

        "Hi." 

        "Hi." 

        Elizabeth wiggled on Kathryn's hips. 

        "Mommy put me down." 

        They went still. They turned to look at her with wide eyes. They grinned simultaneously and gave her both a hug, sandwiching her between the two of them while she giggled uncontrollably.  

        At that same moment, Cole came up to them and tapped Natalie on the shoulder. 

        "Hey Mom? Jacob wants to show me a mare that is pregnant, can I go?" 

        They turned to look at him like he was crazy.  

        They engulfed both of them into a group hug and they were grinning and laughing like lunatics.  

        Life was good.

*************************

A/N: Epilogue will be posted up later today. Don't forget that there will  be other books in this series! XD I had so much fun writing this story guys! I can't believe the amount of people that have read this story, but it means so much! Thanks so much! *tear.* Stay tuned for the Epilogue! XD