Chapter 19

Chapter 19

        Stacy was sitting on her sofa watching television. She was joined by half a gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream. I Love Lucy was her only company. She was halfway done with the carton and the second season when a knock sounded on her door. She quickly put the ice cream down and paused the DVD.  

        She stood up and straightened her tank top and shorts. Walking to the door and tightening her ponytail. She reached the door to her apartment and looked through the peep hole. She saw Justin on the other side. She pulled back and cleared her throat. 

        "What do you want?" 

        Justin paused when he heard her voice through the door. He rubbed the back of his neck. 

        "I'm here to apologize, Stacy." 

        There was total silence and then he heard the chain on the door being unlatched. Stacy didn't know if it was a good idea to let him in, but she would prefer her neighbors didn't hear their conversation. She opened the door and let him in. 

        He walked inside and looked around him.  

        "I like your place. It's nice." 

        "Thank you. You're here to apologize? What for?" 

        He turned to look at her, her arms crossed across her chest and her eyes staring holes in him. He was prepared to swallow his pride when he walked up those stairs. 

        "I'm here to apologize for the way I acted that morning. It's just- I felt that connection we had and it hurt that you'd try running away from what we shared." 

        She smiled a little at that. 

        "I appreciate you coming to apologize, Justin. It means a lot that you would do it but that doesn't mean it fixes everything." 

        He swore he felt his heart contract. 

        "What do you mean?" 

        She smiled sadly and tucked her hands in her short pockets. 

        "You're leaving. You'll be going back to the city soon." 

        He walked forward and pulled her hands into his. She stared up into his eyes. 

        "Then come with me-" 

        "I can't. I live here. This is my home and, no matter how hard it gets, I belong here." 

        He sighed. 

        "I just want more time with you." 

        She lifted her hand to cup his cheek.  

        "I know. It isn't fair but what can we do about it? You have a life there and I have mine here." 

        Justin looked around desperately. 

        "Maybe I can visit every so often for a while before I can delegate? I can delegate. Maybe I can-" 

        "Justin. Justin! It's fine, love. Don't push yourself. If it is meant to be, it will be. I care about you a great deal and I know you do me. We'll think of something, okay." 

        He nodded his head and gazed into her eyes. 

        "You're so beautiful." 

        He leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers.

        Kathryn and Natalie were sitting the living room, cuddling close to one another. It was finally calm after a hectic day. They were breaking in another horse and he was rambunctious. Their bodies were sore and their feet hurt. All they cared about at that moment was having time to themselves.  

        "It sure has been busy around here." 

        Natalie nodded. 

        "Everyone has been in a tizzy, what with the horse and everyone's personal lives. That night was a great idea. It put everyone one step forward." 

        "Especially Justin. He went to talk to Stacy a little while ago. Hopefully she forgives him. Apparently she's the only one that can handle his crazy self." 

        They laughed a little bit.  

        "I hope Luke and Caleb get their happy ending. They deserve it, more than anyone that I've ever known." 

        They silently thought about the two men. They have come to far to go back now. 

        "It's been too long since we've had us time, Nat. this is nice." 

        "Yeah it is." 

        Kathryn turned to Natalie and pulled her even closer. She kissed her with more passion then they've had in a long while. Their tongues mingled, mated. Kat's hand wrapped its way around her neck. Natalie pushed her back on the sofa, pressing against Kathryn. Moaning, they explored each other's mouths more.  

        Then the doorbell rang. They groaned in annoyance. 

        "Can't we have an hour to ourselves?" 

        They quickly fixed their clothes and their hair and walked up to the door. They opened it, expecting a workman to be standing there. Kathryn's eyes widened instead. She took in the person that was staring right back at her. She felt Natalie press her hand on her back. Kathryn took a deep breath before she spoke. 

        "Hi Mom."

*********************************

A/N: Sheeeee's Baaaaaaack! XD