Chapter 3

Chapter 3

        She woke up with her eyes closed. She felt warm and cozy, like she hadn't felt in forever. She opened her eyes and quickly closed them again. Who turned on the lights? Her head was pounding now that light was introduced to the mix. She went to move her arm and couldn't. She slowly opened her eyes to see why her arm was immovable. Natalie. Oh. My. GOD! What did she do last night? 

        Kathryn did a quick scan under the covers and discovered that she and Natalie had shirts and panties on. She sighed with relief. She didn't want their first time to be a drunken mistake. She turned and looked at Natalie.  

        Her hair framed her face and her cupid's-bow was slightly ajar with sleep. She was breathing softly and her long eyelashes met her cheeks with butterfly kisses. Kathryn's hand moved of its own accord and brushed some of her hair away. 

        "Stop staring at me." 

        Kathryn jumped. Natalie opened her eyes with a smile. Kathryn smiled back at her and loved the way she looked. She could get used to waking up with Natalie next to her. She loved the way her arm was wrapped around her and how Natalie's arm was laying in between her breasts. Kathryn unconsciously pulled her closer and Natalie's breathing stopped. Did she effect her, too? God she hoped so.  

        They lost track of time as they laid there. They whispered to each other quietly and by the time it occurred to check the clock it was already one in the afternoon. Natalie's grin turned wicked. 

        "Let's call in sick today." 

        "Wouldn't they get suspicious?" 

        "No. They know we're friends and if you come down with something, then I most likely will get it too." 

        "You are sexy when you get devious." 

        They paused. Did that really just come out of Kathryn's mouth?

        Natalie hoped she didn't imagine that. She hesitantly moved her hand to touch the side of Kathryn's face.  

        "Do remember what happened last night?" 

        Kathryn's face scrunched up, trying to remember. Her narrow nose was wrinkled and her forehead and eyes were fixed in concentration. And then her eyebrows shot up. 

        "I kissed you with Katie Perry in the background, didn't I?" 

        "Yes. Do you remember what Tony said?" 

        "He said something to the effect of how he played for the other team but it got him hot."  

        They laughed. And Natalie's thumb brushed Kathryn's cheekbone. Their eyes met and grew closer together. Soon they were kissing. 

        They moaned simultaneously. 

 ****************************************

        Kathryn couldn't help but throw herself into the kiss. Natalie's tongue massaged every part of her mouth, meeting her stroke for stroke. Kathryn's hand moved up Natalie's arm and to her neck, pulling her roughly against her lips. She changed the temp of the kiss from a soft exploration to desperation.

        Natalie climbed on top of Kathryn and fisted her hand into her hair. Her legs were on either side of Kathryn's body and their chests met once more. Only this time, they could feel everything because neither of them wore bras. Natalie's other hand was resting on her hip and she slowly, in contrast with the kiss, moved it up her side and hesitated at Kathryn's breast. 

        Kathryn moaned and grabbed Natalie's hand roughly and placed it on her breast. Natalie bit her lip at the feeling. She always thought it would feel like this, but it was so much more. Kathryn's heartbeat reverberated and Natalie felt it in her hand. She gently squeezed and Kathryn moaned. Natalie moved her leg to in between Kathryn's. She moved her leg only slightly, but it rubbed against Kathryn's mound and she moaned. 

        Kathryn had enough of the teasing. She sat up and ripped Natalie's shirt off and latched her mouth on her nipple. Natalie's head tipped back and she moaned Kathryn's name loudly. 

        "Kathryn! Yes!" 

        Kathryn moaned and she was sure that Natalie felt it. She rolled her tongue around the nipple and bit lightly. Natalie bucked her hips. Kathryn looked down and saw that Natalie was now only wearing a red silky thong. She moved her hand down and briefly brushed it across her panties. She pushed Natalie back on the bed, her head facing the end. Kathryn moved her lips to the side of Natalie's neck, searching for her sweet spot. She knew she found it when Nat bit her lip, trying to unsuccessfully keep a moan in. Kathryn stayed at the spot, licking, sucking and biting it until Natalie moved restlessly underneath her.

        Kathryn trailed her right hand down Natalie's stomach until they reached her panties. She looked up questioningly. Natalie nodded her head. Kathryn grinned and slipped her hand under the waist of her panties. She quickly found Natalie's button and brushed it lightly. Natalie writhed against the pillow, her mouth open and moaning. Her hand had grabbed the sheets, crumpling them as she strived to find something to ground her.  

        Kathryn continued to rub Natalie's button until she couldn't take it anymore. She moved her fingers down, over her hood and to the opening that she knew Natalie would love. She slowly, agonizingly, slid her finger inside, wiggling it a little along the way. Kathryn moaned as she felt Natalie's muscles clench around her finger. She latched on to her nipple once more and moved fast. Natalie bucked and moaned and couldn't hold it in anymore. She came with a cry of Kathryn's name.

****************************************

        Kathryn came to lay next to Natalie. She held her through the aftershocks. When Natalie got through them, she looked up questioningly at Kathryn. Kathryn shook her head. 

        "I want you to but it's not necessary. You have no idea how long I've been imagining and dreaming of doing that and more to you. Let's just lay here for a while, okay darling?" 

        Natalie nodded her head and quickly fell asleep in Kathryn's arms, a smile laying lightly on her lips.

        They woke up again around five in the afternoon, affectively getting rid of their hangovers. They made breakfast even though it was dinnertime. Kathryn's apartment was decent, with sleek looking furniture that doesn't take a lot of time to clean. Hardwood floors covered every room because she had dreams of them when she was a little girl. Her kitchen was small and had an island in the middle. The stove wasn't modern but wasn't old and her fridge was huge, just like her appetite. She had plenty of counter space and always had her appliances neatly in a row. You could call her a neat freak but she would protest and say that it made it easier to clean later on.  

        They worked side by side and quickly got their eggs, sausage, potatoes and bacon made. They sat at the island, eating quietly. They would glance at each other when the other wasn't looking and occasionally caught each other's eyes. 

        What would become of their friendship? Were they still friends or more? All these questions were going through Kathryn's head as she silently ate her food. 

        "Kathryn?" 

        She quickly looked up. 

        "Yes?" 

        "I don't want to be your friend anymore." 

        Kathryn's heart dropped to her stomach. 

        "You don't?" 

        "No. I want to be your lover, friend and anything else you want me to be." 

        A grin spread across Kathryn's face. She quickly got up and walked in front of Natalie. She pulled her head to her and kissed her. She pulled away and looked her in the eyes. 

        "I would love that."

        Neither of them saw Kathryn's voicemail blinking.