Chapter 2~ The Meeting

[Annie's POV]

Another day in high school, but I don't wanna go and see the faces of those bullies who refer to themselves as "students". I'm just happy at least, one of my friends are there with me.

"Wake up, Annie, you gotta move." Mom ordered .

"Alright Mom, just give me 10, I'll be there." I replied.

Mom packs up everything on table for breakfast and Dad as usual is sitting there, reading the newspaper and drinking his tea.

"I'm ready, Mom!" shouts Emma.

Emma is my sister, 16 and way cooler than me, that, I'll give you.

"Okay, honey, come on, tell Annie we gotta hurry!" replies Mom in a rush.

"I'm ready, too, Mom." I say with a tired voice. "Come on, let's go!" says Mom picking up our bags.

[Michael's POV]

"Don't worry, dear. They are all friendly, they'll be nice to you." says Mother in her usual, tender voice.

"But no, mom, I don't wanna go. I'm just kind of, scared, I guess." I replied.

"Scared of what? They're not gonna eat you, so, why are you scared?!" Joe interrupts in between.

"Come on, Michael, don't worry, I'll stay with you. Let's go or Joe will be the one who eats you!" whispers Janet.

"Right. " I reply. "I'm ready to go!". Then we all head to the school with everything packed.

At school

[Annie's POV]

"Aah! Look who we have here! The Topper! Miss Annie Swan!" teased me some boys.

"You better worry about your studies and don't call me that, you narcissist!" I replied in anger.

"Ooh, I'm scared!" claimed one of the boys, sarcastically, making the gang laugh.

[Janet's POV]

I was walking while holding Michael's hand looking through the halls when suddenly, I saw some boys teasing a girl. Well, that's not something really nice and yet not anything really unsual at this place as I would expect. I could see she wanted to fight them back hard but she couldn't.

"Michael?" I said while I saw anger fill his eyes while watching the incident.

"How could they do that? Don't they know it's bad to hurt someone's feelings? Is decency and respecting a girl not a thing, anymore?" He asked in rage.

[Michael's POV]

I don't know what came in my mind. It could've been the fact that I couldn't see people being rude to one another or someone disrespecting a female but somehow, it was more than that, it was like. . like I could hear that girl's mind and her pleas to get rescued. The way she stood holding her books, totally helpless. I couldn't stop myself and stood right there in front of those guys protecting her.

"Oh look, new admission trynna protect Miss Swan!" said the leader making everyone laugh even more.

"Stop it. These guys will beat the hell out of you, if you don't move from here. Go away!" said the girl.

"Stop teasing her you all!" I shouted "Don't you have any shame or feelings left inside of you? Don't you know how to treat a girl? What's the matter with you?" I shouted, loud enough.

"Oh! so now you'll tell me what to do, huh?" The guy said, stepping towards me.

"Hey, hey, hey, guys, take a chill pill! Stop fightin'! This ain't gonna take you nowhere, chill." interrupted a guy who was with a girl, I assumed was his girlfriend.

The guys scoffed beneath their breath and walked away before glaring at me and the girl that stood behind me. I wasn't willing to move.

"Today, you got saved by this fellow. Next time, you'll get a dose!" Said the head of the gang heading towards the class.

[Annie's POV]

I was shocked to see that new comer defending me.

"Hey man, no need to thank me and call me Chris!" said the guy who helped by stepping in between the guys.

"And I'm Katy!" said a girl from behind him who I figured out to be his girlfriend.

I just stood there, not wanting to wrap my mind around anything else rather than the guy who stood in front of him, the one who stepped in as if it were no big deal and for once made it feel like my voice was heard and my feelings mattered. We stood, there, staring into each other's eyes for what felt like an eternity.

"Hello? Is anybody there?" Chris snapped his fingers, bringing us back to reality while Katy giggled.

"Oh, Hi, I'm Annie.. Annie Swan." I introduced myself. Or attempted to.

"I.. I'm Michael, I'm new, here." said the guy who defended me.

"Okay, Annie and Michael, we'll see you in canteen after the class. Okay?" asked Katy.

"Okay!" Me and Michael replied together making Chris and Katy laugh and making us blush.

It was then that we headed to our class and to my surprise, Michael was in the same one as mine and so were Chris and Katy. Michael and I locked our eyes for another quick moment before settling into our seats.