-SIDE STORY: Alec takes a Jump-

I interupt my normally scheduled stories for a cute Alec fic! :D Thank you  to strofiethebunny for the idea! :D Hope you guys like it. I will probably put part 2 of my previous story tomorrow. :D 

Bright eyed little Alec wobbled into the room. The bright lights of the gym and the colors of the mats caught his attention. Maryse stood behind watching the boy's entire universe grow.

Alec had always been a quiet child, Jace his adoptive brother was the loudest, and Isabelle even though was only 2 already showed more attitude. Alec, was just different, and above all clumsy. Maryse had observed it from the moment he began to walk, he could barely walk a straight line, and often bumped into things. This had been her final option to maybe correct the behavior.

Another thing about her eldest son, he had the personality of a burnt piece of toast, which was why Jace had been brought along. Maryse dreamed maybe this would allow him to open up and make some friends his own age.

The teacher, a lovely looking ginger, with a wonderfully sweet voice called them all over. Jace bolted over right away, shy Alec trailed slowly behind, joining all the other children.

"Ok guys! Welcome to our first session! I am Mrs. Fairchild I am your gymnastics coach. A little about me I really like teaching and Clary is my daughter!" she added happily "We will start around the circle and we'll talk a little bit about ourselves! Clary we'll start with you, show them how it's done baby"

The spunky little girl shot up and waved to the others. "My name is Clary! I like to draw and tumble!" she squeaked out. The rest of the children followed suit.

"My name is Jace! I like sports! And Ninja movies!" he spoke out innocently. "And Alec is my big brother! Even though I'm taller than him!"

"That's nice Jace. Ok Alec, you are the last one. Do you want to tell the others a little bit about yourself?"

"No" was all he said.

"It's a friendly place here, you can share"

"No thank you" he finished sweetly, the giggles of the others around him. Maryse was mortified for a moment.

"That's ok. Maybe you can share later." Finally stepped in the teacher. "Everyone grab a partner, Jace why don't you partner with Clary! That way Alec has some room to meet some others"

"Okay!" He chippered out before going to the little girl with bright green eyes.

Another little blonde girl went beside Alec. "I'm Lydia! You're silly. Let's be partners" as she grabbed his hands and literally dragged him onto the mat.

An hour and some change had passed as Maryse watched her children. Jace seemed to be enjoying himself attempting to perform the simple roll they had just learned. Alec, was being more pristine, his hands perfectly over his head. Lydia beside him as he was forced to be social. She watched as he bent forward and tucked himself into a roll. He got up and did it again. Each time more coordinated than the last. Still his little face seemed etched in stone, concentrating so much, that she didn't feel he was enjoying himself.

"Ok class! You have all done so well on rolls! Let's do something fun for the end of class! Who likes trampolines!"

The little children around her all jumped in glee running over to the apparatus, Jace the leader of the pack, Alec cautiously trailed.

"Ok, trampolines are a lot of fun!" spoke the teacher "and some people can even go to earn medals in the Olympics! Who here would like to one day earn a medal?" She asked out sweetly.

A group of children jumped in place, a collection of hands up in the air, 'me' filled the air. Amongst them, even though he wasn't jumping, one little black haired boy had his hand firmly in the air.

All the children were assisted onto the trampoline, giggles filled the area. Jace went up and then landed flatly on his back. The little blonde girl, Lydia, did a roll in the air before dropping down in laughter. The teacher reached for Alec and brought his little self onto the springy platform.

"Ready?" She asked

Alec nodded before making his way to the center. He gave a little hop, and when he felt the rush of the air in his hair, he took another bigger one. In his little life, he'd never thought about flying, but right now he never wanted to touch the ground again. He jumped a couple more times, a couple of feet between him and the surface each time. Maryse looked at her son, his cheeks an adorable little pink, a smile on his face highlighting the tooth he'd lost last week. She watched him jump some more as his smile grew, his eyes sparked, and then he tried a roll. She watched as her baby got caught up in the movement and crashed down face first and onto his little tummy. She wanted to rush to him, but was beaten by the teacher who was already scooping him up.

"Alec are you ok? That looked like it hurt"

"Again. Please" was all he said, squirming out of her hands and trying to go back to his new found happy place.

Classes ended as the children all waved goodbye. Alec sat beside his mother tying his shoes. He adjusted his little sweatpants, already acting more mature than his short 4 years warranted. Jace beside him hopped uncontrollably retelling the entire day even though his mother had seen it all. She reached out for both of their hands and led them out to the car. Alec was still quiet by her side.

At the vehicle, she strapped both boys into their car seats and reached out to ruffle Alec's hair, a little scratch on his forehead from where he'd landed.

"Mama?" he asked out quietly.

"Yes, my baby boy. What is it?"

"Can we come back tomorrow?" was all he asked, his bright child eyes pleading with hers.

"Of COURSE! Did you like your class today?"

"Yeah" he spoke out, already dreaming of climbing back onto the trampoline.

Maryse let out a smile, he'd liked it! She was overjoyed. "Ok boys, I guess we will have to make a quick trip to the store!" she spoke out climbing into her seat.

The next day, Alec walked into his gym class. A brand new, and unsurprisingly very black, leotard on his little frame. He was the first on the mat and first to stretch, and when the rest of the children were finally in the circle for beginning of class, he spoke out.

"Teacher. Teacher" he cried out.

"Yes Alec. What is it sweetie?"

"Can I talk about myself today?" he asked up.

Mrs. Fairchild smiled, happy he'd decided to open a little bit. "Of course, darling. The floor is yours"

Alec stood up in the circle, the rest of tiny eyes peering at him, he cleared his little throat. Maryse sat on the side anxiously watching, her little boy who seldom wanted it, had the spotlight in the entire gym.

"My name is Alec. Jace is my little brother. And I'm going to win a medal for the trampoline!" 

-★Thoughts? Comments? :D Let me know what you think! Don't forget to ★ Also are there any prompts/topics/or scenarios you'd like for me to try writing? Let me know!-★