1. Waiting for Midnight

-HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE DARLINGS! I am squeaking in with one last story of the year! :) This will be a two part. The last part will be up in maybe the next 2 hours or so! :D-

Magnus fluttered around the apartment, almost a strange blur of shiny as he rushed between the rooms.

"And here!" he announced. "This is where we shall have the DJ. It has the best corner acoustics! The first bar will be here, almost cattycorner from the fourth"

"Four bars?" exclaimed Alec looking up from the notepad.

"Alexander. Please do keep up" he scolded his boyfriend for maybe the third time. "Six bars in total, each one for a different continent. To showcase that the best drinks of their respective place."

"Magnus...." Interrupted Alec again "You are aware there are 7 continents, right?"

Magnus stopped in his tracks to offer a look that Alec couldn't quite place. "Yes, my dear, I am aware. But what am I supposed to offer for Antarctica? A Bar offering Ice water? Do keep up my love. As I was saying. You are keeping track of this, right?"

"Oh, Yeah. Mhmm. Definitely" Alec went back to his notepad. "Six bars. Gotcha."

The moving around continued as Alec sat on the comfortable sofa in the middle of the living room.

"And here. We can put a dance floor! All the furniture will have to go, of course."

Magnus was busy planning this year's New Year's Party, and of course being in New York, meant he had to do one that absolutely rivaled and dare he say beat out Time square. This year however, he'd somehow gotten Alexander to assist him in set up, something even he could not believe.

He'd settled on a worldly theme, wanting to showcase some of the best things, and made plans to bring a little of each place to his spacious loft. Be it wine from Italy, aged sake from Japan, down to the best beers he could gather from Germany. Food, likewise, would show case the best tastes. It would all be perfect.

He had 2 days, including today, to bring it all to fruition, something he had no doubt he could accomplish. Besides, he now had a young shadowhunter with an endurance rune, he'd be golden!

His thoughts were cut short when he heard Alec sneeze. He stopped to look at his love as Alexander sniffled.

"Bless you my dear."

"Thanks, someone must be thinking about me." He said with a crooked smile.

"I wish they would, I will burn them alive" added Magnus, a playful blue spark of magic at his fingertips. They both had a laugh.

The planning continued for several more minutes when Alec let out another sneeze.

"Bless you again. But I do warn you, if I keep blessing you I might spontaneously combust. I'm pretty sure there are so many I can give being a demon and all" he leaned in booping Alec's nose with his fingertip.

"Half-demon and probably half craft supply section at Hobby Lobby based on how much glitter you wear. " he said with a laugh, Magnus couldn't even deny it though, he did wear a lot of sparkles.

"Alright. So that's all the planning I think I need. Did you take all the notes down?"

"Um. Yeah. Mostly?" Replied Alec as Magnus reached for the notepad. On it, a handful of doodles of hearts and stars and a cow.

"Oh Alexander. You are lucky you are cute" he said with a laugh. Okay, so he hadn't taken notes, regardless, this would be the best party ever!

The next day was the moving things around day. He and Alec had spent most of the afternoon moving the furniture enough to where they could still have somewhere to sit, but enough to make tomorrow's official set up easy.

They'd managed to clear a ton of space and even set up some of the New Year's decorations before another sneeze escaped Alec.

"For the angel's sake! Must be dust in the air" he justified.

It wasn't until he'd sneezed three additional times straight and practically knocked himself out of the chair that Magnus came to sit by his side in concern.

"Alexander. Are you alright?" Inquired Magnus. "You aren't getting sick, are you?"

"Me? No! I never get sick. Just something irritating my nose is all. No big deal!"

Magnus shook it off. However, it quickly seemed to be a bigger deal. The sneezing continued, and by close to evening even his voice had seemed to drop into a husky tone. Granted he didn't mind it so much.

"Alexander. You are getting sick it seems. Maybe a cold?" justified Magnus.

"Not a chance! I could never catch a mundane disease."

"Regardless darling, let's give you some tea and some lemon. Get it out of your system for tomorrow"

With their final preparations for the party in place, and several cups of tea downed, the couple retired for the evening in hopes that tomorrow would indeed be a success. Alec left to head to the institute promising to be back by midafternoon to set up the final things, promising also to have gotten rid of his sniffles. 

-★Thoughts? Comments? :D Let me know what you think! Don't forget to ★ Also are there any prompts/topics/or scenarios you'd like for me to try writing? Let me know!-★