2. A Charming Cat Brings Christmas Cheer

-Part 2 is up! :D I figured I extend this to 3 parts. Next part will probably be up today or tomorrow! :D- Now itsyourfandomlover won't die! :D <3 -

Magnus sulked around the house in his pajamas a hundred little pieces of tape sticking on his clothes and his arms. How in all of Edom did mundanes wrap gift boxes every year and make them look decent? He grumbled angrily to himself, he COULD have used his magic for this, but would a hand wrapped gift to his beloved not be worth more? SO here he was, angrily fussing at inanimate boxes with glittery paper that seemed to be doing everything just to spite him.

Normally, he would snap his fingers and a precious gift would appear already wrapped and ready to go, but his Alexander deserved more. So, he'd gone shopping. Picked up some things that he thought Alec would like, a new jacket, some new black pants, a scarf, and a handful of other trinkets. Amongst those, he'd purchased him a new alarm clock to keep at the loft. Since the boy always seemed to run off most nights in fear of being late for work in the morning, an alarm clock would aide that problem.

He continued to wrap, before ultimately giving up and choosing to rip all his attempts apart and calling his savior to come to the rescue.

"Magnus?" Came the voice of Catarina portaling into the loft after receiving a frantic SOS call from her fellow warlock. "Is everything alright?"

She looked around finding him sulking on the couch, a fresh drink in his hands as he stroked his cat like a depressed child. "Magnus, what's wrong?" she asked between a laugh, she should have known he was being dramatic. She took a seat beside him and gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

"I can't wrap those stupid boxes!" he sulked. "I don't get it; the paper is possessed"

"You silly thing, it isn't possessed. It just takes patience and careful folding. I can help if you'd like" She offered as Magnus' eyes lit up.

Of course, he'd like that! He jumped up and dragged her with him. "Perfect! Let's go! I need these done by tomorrow"

Catarina laughed and followed behind him, should she be surprised that he'd called her for this?

The wrapping came by quickly as she moved her hands easily and with a perfect precision. It was only a matter of minutes before every box was flawless and the bows were placed perfectly. "Done!" she proclaimed before taking Magnus' drink and finishing it off. If she was doing him a favor, he'd owe her at least a drink.

"Catarina" Magnus started gently, not wanting to be the choosy beggar, "You missed one" he said, noticing that one of the ones he'd wrapped horribly, remained.

"I didn't miss it. I figured you could give him one that you wrapped yourself. I'm sure your Alexander would appreciate it."

"But it's ugly"

"But it's from you. He will love it. So quit complaining."

Magnus snapped his fingers and magicked up one of Catarina's favorite drink bottles handing it to her as they settled back onto the couch.

"So, when will you give them to him?" she asked. Christmas was tomorrow after all.

"He said he would come over Sunday evening. So possibly then. What are your plans for tomorrow anyways?" asked Magnus.

"The clinic in uptown is short staffed, I promised them I'd spend some time there tomorrow. You are welcome to join me tomorrow if you still haven't made any plans for yourself" She offered lovingly.

"And deny the Chairman and my couch my loving company? No, but thank you for the invitation as always my dear."

"Magnus. If I may ask. Why did you go along with the lie of throwing a party? Why not tell him you had no plans? Maybe he'd have spent the day with you"

"He has a tradition. I didn't want to interfere with him and his family"

"huh" started Cat taking a swig of her beverage. "And here I thought he loved you"

Magnus eye shot over to her highly confused by the statement. "He does. I know he does. No doubt about it!" he defended feverishly. What kind of silly question was that? If there was anything he was sure about, it was that what he had with Alexander was real.

"Then if you believe it, why would you think you would be interfering. If he loves you, he'd probably cherish you being there."

Magnus stopped to ponder the thought. "It's tradition though. Who am I to disturb tradition?"

Catarina finished her drink and smiled reassuringly. "Magnus. Want to know the best things about long lived traditions?" she started and rested her hand on his shoulder. "They all had to start somewhere. If you don't give him a chance to offer it, you won't ever know what could have happened"

Magnus pondered it. She had a fair point. "You are right. Next year. I've already told a lie this year. Next year I will fix it. Besides, what is one more lonely Christmas?" he joked back, a little scared of being rejected.

Catarina rolled her eyes and pulled out her phone. "Oh darn. I must have forgotten to charge it. Do you think I can borrow yours for a moment, I need to call the hospital to verify a shift?"

"Sure" he offered and handed her his. He wondered over to run his hand across the gift he'd wrapped himself.

Meanwhile in the hallway, Catarina dialed the number and waited for the voice to answer.

"Hello child. This is Cat. Happy Holidays. We need to have a chat" she said into the phone.

The conversation was simple and within a minute or so she'd accomplished what she needed. She pulled out her phone and set a schedule reminder in her phone. Silly Magnus, he really believed she'd EVER let her phone run dead? Oh well, she didn't feel bad about telling Magnus a little white lie, especially if it was one in concerns to him finally having the white Christmas he deserved.