♫♪ You Are My Sunshine ♪ ♫

*I included the song up above in case you don't know it! Or if you need a soundtrack to the heartache!*

Magnus and Alec hovered close by one another. It had become almost second nature for Magnus to tag along to missions, and although dangerous, Alec was always happy to have him there.

Today was no different to all other days. The Clave had given direction, a rogue warlock had been running amuck through Brooklyn and it was up to the New York institute to stop him or her. Magnus, out of principal alone, had been the first accept the mission being as how as High Warlock of Brooklyn, one of his own was causing trouble in his area.

"Magnus, stay close, I can't have you getting hurt"

"Look who's talking, don't I normally save you?"

"Not always" Alec argued back.

"Just most of the time." Magnus joked back. "but I'm not complaining. I won't ever let anything happen to that pretty little head of yours"

"Thank you darling" shot Alec back with a smile.

"UGH" came Jace behind them. "Must you two always be like this?" 

"I know you aren't complaining blondie, since we have to put up with you and my biscuit sucking the air out of each other's lungs on a daily basis!"

The group of shadowhunters, and warlock, laughed out and continued their search. Everything was quiet so far. Their information had led them to a rickety old abandoned hospital on the outskirts of town. Unfortunately for them it was a big place, and with poor lighting, this mission was far too irritating.

"I think we should split up" said Alec to the group.

"Trying to get rid of us already?" came his parabatai.

"If only it was that easy. No idiot, we can cover more ground"

"I think that's a good idea." Came Isabelle.

Ultimately everyone agreed as they split up into groups. Magnus of course with Alexander.

They walked the creaking building in silence for a few minutes, before Alec stopped. His hand reaching out to pull Magnus back. He made a signal Magnus barely understood, at least not until he saw the spark of green magic shoot past them.

"The warlock is here!" Alec said out already pulling his bow ready.

"Show yourself! I am Magnus Bane, High Warlock of Brooklyn. You must know who I am. You must know this will not end well."

"WHY!" came a female scream. "Why would you side with the nephilim instead of us! Why are you helping them hunt me!"

Magnus searched his brain, trying to place a name to the magic. "Ameria?" he called out, when he finally did.

"Darling. You need to stop!"

Alec continued to search the room, trying to find her, while Magnus tried to distract.

"I can't! I'm going to die if I stop!"

"No. We won't kill you. Just please stop."

"I can't" she screamed again, but this time shooting magic at them. "I messed up! I attacked a mundane. I broke the accords. They will have me killed. I can't"

"Darling, I will help you."

"No, you can't. We all know. You and your shadowhunter. You won't help me. I have to help myself" She gave a laugh, finally losing it. "I'll hurt you before you or him can hurt me"