Chapter 39

Mona's P.O.V

"Attention students!" We heard from the speaker. Mr. Morrison had a very loud voice, so combine that with a mic, and we all become deaf. "We will have an assembly before lunch, so please meat at the gym before 11 o'clock. Thank you and please get back to your duties."

"If you didn't finish your work, your homework will be whatever you didn't finish." Mrs. Cooper told us.

{}{}{}{}{}

"Hello students." Mr. Morrison greeted us.

"Hello Mr. Morrison."

"So as you can see, this is a surprise assembly." The teachers looked very sad today. Maybe it has to do with the fact that it's a Monday?

"And the reason why I called you here today-"

"GET TO THE POINT GRANDPA!" Grant, my classmate shouted. If you couldn't tell by his previous actions, then I should tell you now that he's the Bad Boy of the school.

"GRANT! TO MY OFFICE!" Mr. Morrison scowled Grant as Mr. Bean took him by the arm and dragged him to Mr. Morrison's office.

"Sheesh!" Ari whispered in my ear.

"True dat." I whispered back.

"Anyway, this building is getting old, since this school has been here for over 30 years. And we haven't had too many major repairs such as new walls, clean lockers, etc. So, the mayor has decided to build a new building at a new location. So, half of you kids will still study at McKenney (A/N another school) and the other half, will hopefully, stay home but still educate themselves." Our principal finished. We all had our jaws hanging. This can't be real! Like for real? "But that doesn't mean we're playing favourites. Those students deserve it. They had good grades throughout the school year. Of course, our last day will be this Friday, so you have a bit of time to clean out your lockers before they get replaced. Any questions?" Mr. Morrison asked. Ari was the only person who raised her hand.

"Yes Ariana?"

"How long will this break be?" Ari asked as she stood up so she could be visible to everyone. 

"Until next school year."

"So that's-"

"2 months of the school year gone, plus the 2 other months of summer, so 4 months in total." Mr. Morrison answered calmly, unlike all the other people who were freaking out.

"But, like I said, there will be some students who will stay at McKenney, while some have a break." He added. Ari locked her hand in mine.

"So," he said some names that would be still studying at McKenney, but occasionally getting interrupted by groans by those 'lucky' students. I would've listened, but all I was focusing on was hearing my name.

"And finally, Hannah George, Mary Brown, Carrie & Cassie Welch, Dorothy White, and Roger Jones." He finished. When we heard those 6 names, every students jaws turned even wider than they were before.

"Mr. Morrison-" Hannah stood up to protest.

"Don't try it young lady. You, your squad, and your boyfriend have had one of the worst grades in the school's history from the past 30+ years. I might as well tell you that all of your friends and boyfriend's teacher's said that you all failed so far your class." He told her. She was so embarrassed, that she sunk back down into the crowd who were either rejoicing or groaning.