Chapter 13

It's been a little over a week since I got out of the hospital. I haven't spoken to anyone, not even Tate. I mostly stay in my room if I'm not at school. I hate this! I hate that Luke got the dumb door open!

Today is Saturday, most kids love the weekend. It's all about parties   and staying up later. But for me, it means all three of my brothers are home all day. Tate tries to come over but I never want him too.

I got out of bed looking down at my scarred wrist. You couldn't even kill your self. Even death doesn't want me... I tugged my sleeve over the scars and walked over to my closet. I was officially done when the mopping around the house, I was going to have a good day. By myself. I looked around my closet and grabbed some black high waist jeans, an all black long sleeve crop top and my favorite army green jacket.

I quickly changed and pulled my hair up into a nice and clean high pony tail. Slipping on my black converse, I grabbed my bag and walked out the door. I quickly zipped up my jacket just in case my brothers saw me and continue walking toward the stairs.

I made it to the stair case and sighed when I heard the TV on downstairs. I walked down a little to loudly, while trying to avoid my brothers. I made it to the bottom only to see Luke and chase stairs at me from the couch. I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen to grab a water. Only to be spotted by Landon cooking.  He looked shocked when he noticed it was me. "Morning Vee, want anything to eat!" He asked rubbing his hands together. I slightly shook my head and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. "Vee, you have to eat." Landon said with concern.

You see, I would tell him I'm going out to eat; but last time I checked I'm done talking to them. I walked out the kitchen and to the front door with all my brothers eyes on me. I opened the the door ad walked out. I closed the door and smiled. I'm basically free for the whole day. I walked down the drive way off to anywhere I pleased. But then I just stopped.

Where am I going to go? All my favorite places I only go with Tate. I sigh in defeat, I guess it is time to get my best friend back. I walked down the street all the way to Tate's house and stopped once again. I just stared at the door, I haven't spoken to him in a week ; last time I did that was when my mom died. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I looked down at my feet till the door opened to reveal Tate's brother, Ronnie. 

Ronnie hugged my and smiled. "Hey Venus, how ya doing?" He asked. I shrugged and slightly smiled. "Wanna come in?" He said stepping aside. I shook my head, I really just want to talk to Tate. But I can't tell anyone. "Want me to get Tate?" He asked trying to read my mind. I nodded lightly as he ran back in the house. "Tate! Get your butt down here" he laughed. I could hear stopping from here and Tate's figured "what do you want Ron-" Tate's face went from tired I shock when her saw me at the door. He quickly ran down the stairs and hugged me tightly. Ronnie was laughing and walked out of sight. I looked down and sat on the porch step. Seconds later Tate was sitting next to me

"I-I'm sorry" I said kinda of raspy. Tate smiled brightly and put one arm around me "you can make it up to me while buying me breakfast." He laughed I nodded and helped him up. He already had his phone and wallet. He grabbed my hand and we walked toward our favorite cafe' 

Once we made it we ordered our usuals and waited. I starred into his chocolate eyes. "I missed you." He blurted out. I smiled "same" I spoke softly. I reached out to grabbed his hand when I sleeve pulled up showing my scars. I quickly pulled it down and remove my hand from the table. Tate knows what happened but I still don't like anyone seeing my scars. "Why did you do it?" He asked lightly. "I couldn't do it anymore. " I shrugged, Tate's eyes filled with sorrow. "Do what?" He asked as he got up and walked to my side and of the booth "everyone said I killed her. But I didn't. I remember that night it wasn't my fault. I swear!" I cried a little. Tate side hugged me "Vee, I know it wasn't your fault. I do. I think people just think your hiding something. You never talk about that night." He released me from the hug.

Maybe he was right, I haven't told anyone. Not even the police I couldn't talk after the accident. I never told anyone why we were going the opposite way from the town. "I was upset...that night. Mom came looking for me and found me at the diner across town. She wasn't mad or sad. She just sat and talked with me." I said finally opening up. "It was the day before my birthday and I hated my birthday. We talked and talked. She came up with the idea to disappear for my birthday ..." I started to cry. "So we got in the car and we started driving.  After we reached the boarder of town she just stopped.  She wasn't talking or anything her face was just filled with anger. She started driving again but this time we were going really fast. I told her to slow down. We were swerving and we were going to hit a car so I grabbed the stirring wheel and we drove into the lake." I was full on crying now. "Everyone's right I killed her. I drowned my own mother" I cried and cried. "Venus, no you didn't. You Said it yourself she was driving crazily"he hugged me.

After we talked more about that night Tate and I walked to my house so I could tell my brothers.....
Hope your enjoying the story in going to get really good soon. Promise.