Chapter 22- Welcome

~Venus~ 

I woke up to Luke shaking me awake. I mumbled a "go away". I heard a slight chuckle before I was pulled out of the car by my upper arm. 

"Hey! that hurt," I say now fully awake and punching Luke's arm. 

I completely block out everything once I see the massive house in front of me. The mansion of a house was beautiful, then my heart broke. 

~flashback~

"Catch me, Daddy!" I laugh as I jump from the couch into his arms

He catches me and makes me giggle as he spins me around in the living room. I laugh and laugh till he drops me on the couch and starts to tickle my tummy. 

"Daddy!" I scream through my laughs only making him laugh more.

"Yes, Princess?" He stops for a split second before he starts tickling me again. 

"S-Stop!!!" I laugh and he stops. 

He picked me up and I quickly wrapped my small legs around his waist and giggled more. 

"I will always catch you, Princess, I love you so much, Venus. " He said planting a kiss on my forehead. 

  He set me on the carpet and sat beside and put on Beauty and the beats, my favorite. I looked up at him smiling down at me. 

"Daddy?" I asked quietly

"Hmm?" He said wrapping his arm around me. 

"Shouldn't all princesses live in a castle?" I asked wondering why we lived in a house and not a big bright colored castle like Cinderella or sleeping beauty.

"Yes, they should. But a king-like me- Can only give the princess the castle when he feels she is ready." Dad says hugging me tightly. 

~flashback ends~

"His Castle..." I say barely above a whisper. 

I take in the moment as it hit me like a car. The king finally found his castle after getting rid of his family. I didn't want to be here, not now and not ever. I turned to tell my brother but they looked so happy. I had to do this for them, I just had to. Chase walked to me a gave me a sad smile.  

"let's do this...for the nimrods back there," Chase said looking back at Luke and Landon

 I nod slowly and walk to the front door with my brothers.

376 words

Sorry, I haven't updated anything, I've been really busy with family stuff and school. I am going to update more frequently and made an Instagram just for my writing purposes