Chapter 14

~landon~

"Oh my god vee" I stood up from the couch and hugged my sister who was now crying. All this time I had no idea what happened and now that I did, I realized what my sister went through. I could never imagine my own mother driving recklessly and my sister being the one to save herself and the people in the other car they almost hit.

My brother sat with their mouths wide open. Tate was now siting in the recliner. "I...I'm sorry" my little sister cried. "For what?" I asked knowing my sister was in pain. "It should have been me...I should have let her drive. The other car would have hit me before mom. But I was scared and almost killed us both." Venus cried out. My heart broke after hearing my sister speak the way she did.

"Vee, it wasn't your fault. Don't ever say that again" I hugged her tightly. My brothers finally snapped and joined in the hugged. Vee collapsed to her knees,we all fell with her. I squeezed vee into my chest not wanting to let go.

For the rest of the day vee mostly stayed in my arm. All the family (yes Tate is family) watched movies from horror movies. To Disney movies. I looked at the clock and noticed it was 10pm. I looked back the everyone and laughed. Chase was sprawled out of the floor sleep.  Tate was passed out in the recliner, and Luke was asleep on the couch with his feet toward me.  Last I looked down as vee and smiled and she was peacefully sleeping in my arms.

I gently placed vee next to me and got up. I walked far enough from the living room to call Tate's older brother Ronnie.
R: hello?

L:hey Ronnie, Tate and everyone fell asleep so I'll take him back in to morning

R: ok but send me a pic, I need to embarrass him more anyways

L: okay, night

R: night

I got off the phone with Ronnie who I've been friends with for a while. Ever since Tate and vee met in preschool, Ronnie and Tate were always over. Up until my mother died then the visit's just slowed down, Except Tate's.

I walked over to a closet in the laundry that was filled with clean blankets. I grabbed one for each person passed out in the living room and one for me. I walked back to the living room and covered chase with a light blue wool blanket. Next was Tate, I core him with a rainbow quilt my mom made years ago. Luke was  covered with a really soft brown blanket. Then I played next to vee and covered us with the two blankets because is always freezing. I wasn't tired so I lowered the volume of the movie and continued to watch it.

For the rest of the night then boys moved constantly in their sleep. Vee laid peacefully next to me, while I hugged her close to my chest. I could feel her heart beat against my stomach with her head hurried in my chest. My eyes became heavy and I watched my sister's peacefully sleeping. I finally lost the battle and closed my eyes, finally asleep.