Chapter 27- Empty

~Luke~

It's been Two days since Venus was ripped away from my. I haven't spoken to Landon since. The house was silent even more now. The living room is no longer noisy from Chase and Venus fighting over the remote.

The kitchen is no longer filled with laughter over how gross dinner is when I cook the food. I miss it. I haven't eaten in the kitchen since before we left to that devils mansion. All he wanted was to get rid of Vee so he could keep us. But his plan backfired.

I walked out of my room and down the stairs and into the kitchen. I sighed. There was no Venus trying to the cabinet full if junk Landon hide from us. There was no Landon standing next to Venus while she took her little pill. The kitchen was empty, no one in here but me.

I jumped once i heard the doorbell go off. I walked over to it and opened the door to reveal someone I never thought I see here.

Tate.

He looked like he had been crying, his hair was a mess and he had bags under his eyes. He phone was in his hand. Landon and gone over to their house to tell then about Venus yesterday.

"She won't answer my calls or reply to my messages." He cried out dropping his phone.

I quickly hugged him and let him cry in my shoulder. I knew he was hurting. Him and Venus were constantly around each other, they probably spike more the each other that Venus spoke to me.

"I know. She won't answer any of our call or messages. She doesn't want to see any of us." I spoke holding back tears.

"I-I can't live without my best friends. I can't live without her Luke!" He cried

"Me either buddy. I know how much this hurts but she doesn't want to see or talk to any of us. He dad calls us everyday and let's us know how she's doing " I say letting a tear fall.

Tate cried in my shoulder for another five minutes before we went to the living room and sat on the couch.

"She told me she loved me. Like actually loved me" Tate said sadly

I knew Tate liked Venus and I knew one day Venus would admit she like Tate back.

"Tate of course she loved you and she knew you would love her right back. But we would have never let her date and last time I checked Ronnie would never let you date either" I chuckled

"He won't even let me look at a girl. But he said Venus was always welcome because I can't stop smiling around her. He said he likes seeing me happy" Tate smiled.

"Well I hate to admit it. But Tate no matter what she will always love you. You were the first person she spoken to after the accident. Not her brothers. You her best friend" I smiled

We were interrupted but chase coming down the stairs. He looked awful, worse than Tate actually.

"Hey Chase" I say bluntly.

"Where's Landon?" Chase's voice sounded raspy. Then j remember he hasn't spoken to anyone in two days

"He went to go give Jeremy, Vee's mediation info and everything" I say shaking my head.

"What! And he didn't take us to see her" he shouted.

"He isn't seeing Vee. Vee doesn't want to see or speak to any of us. He is meeting Jeremy at a coffee shop. He tried to get Venus to talk to us this morning but she just slammed a door." I sighed

"The man should have never taken her!" Chase shook his head

"Hey! He did nothing wrong. He will let us see and speak to Venus when she is ready. And only when she is ready. He isn't forcing her to do anything." I sighed. Jeremy was a nice guy.

He has been filling us in on everything about Venus. She opened up about how she got the bruises we saw on her before she tried to kill herself. Jeremy had our neighbor, who is Venus's teacher arrested yesterday. Even thought Venus wasn't talking to us right now. I was happy that she was ok and I knew she was safe and happy.

"So Be made at Venus?" Chase asked confused.

"Chase don't be mad at anyone. Jeremy is taking great care if Venus. Venus was just taken away because he oldest brother, the brother she was suppose to rely on the most, just gave her away. She doesn't know how to feel right now ok. Landon was only doing what was right for Venus. Jeremy will let her come over here and we can go over there whenever she is ready to see us" I finished just as Landon walked through the door

"Guys I'm home?" Landon spoke.

Ever since Venus left he has been more if a Dad figure then our brother. I don't know why either.

Landon walked into the living room and found us all there.

"Hey guys," Landon smiled.

"Hi" all three of us said in unison.

"How did it go?" I asked wanting to know what him and Jeremy talked about

"Great actually, Venus is going to school With Noah at Lakewood Academy. She starts Monday. I'm on the emergency list so I can pick her up from school when she is ready to speak to us." He smiled

"Now I won't even go to school with her!" Tate sounded upset again.

"You do realize you ruined our lives right? Or do you think our live our better without Venus in the same house as us?" Chase blurted out clearly pissed.

"Guys, Even if I wanted her to stay. Technically she would need to go with her dad. I was given custody if you guys because we had no parents. The court didn't count our dad because he walked out on us. But Jeremy was willing to be her guardian, I have no right to keep her from her parent. I was just saving us a trip to court. I'm sorry ok" Landon said shaking his head.

The room was silent for a few minutes before something popped into my head.

"How is she with Noah?" I said asking about my little sister's little brother.

Everyone knows about Noah, Jeremy told us the morning after he took Vee away from us.

"Oh, Jeremy said they get along really well." Landon smiled.

I stood up and looked around the room. It had hit me like a ton a bricks. This was our life now. Only seeing our sister when she could. I wouldn't be able to annoy her everyday. I would be able to comfort her when she cries.  I would be in the room next to hers when she wakes up screaming from a nightmare. I wouldn't be 30 minutes away here I will never get to her in time.

"I'm going to miss her bugging me all day" I spoke softly.

"Same" the other three said in unison

The End

SECOND BOOK IS COMING OUT TODAY 💜