Chapter 24

~Venus~

I sat there as I looked through the stapled pages that came from inside the envelope. Tears sprang to my eyes once I read a different version of my Birth certificate.

(I don't know what exactly goes on one but I tried)

Name- Venus 

Middle- Marie 

Last-Kasher

Weight 6lbs 3 ounces

DOB July 23, 2002

Mother's name- Marie Livermore

Father's name- Jeremy Kasher

I dropped the papers on the ground. I felt like my whole world had shattered into unfixable pieces. I heard The man get up, but I continued to look at the floor, crying. I heard him walked around his desk and towards me.I flinched when his hand landed on top of my head.

"So you left because I'm not your daughter?" I sniffled. I couldn't find the will to look up at the man that raised me for 10 years.

"Your whore of a mother cheated on me with one of her co-workers. Well, I was out on a business trip so I could pay for the house she lived in.!" He shouted lightly, which made me jump. 

"For 10 year I raised a child that wasn't even mine. 10 years of thinking I had a daughter" He sighed. 

I was lost in my own world. What would my brothers think? Will they even act like my brothers now? So many thoughts were running through my head, It was making me dizzy.

" Your real father came to your tenth birthday because your mom insisted to talk to use in private. By the end of it, She was an upset mess, I was beyond pissed, and your father wanted to take you away immediately" He said pulling my hair a little bit.

I squeezed the armrests of the chairs tightly, my scalp felt like it was burning. I wanted to ask him to let go, But I already knew he wouldn't.

"I left because I couldn't stand looking at you, You are a mistake in like. You ruined my family. a family you were never apart of" He said pulling my hair more.

"So why now? after all these years why tell me now"I hissed trying now to cry more. 

"Your mother and I talked one day, She couldn't afford the house alone and take care of your four. I was happy to help, but only as long as she got rid of you." He said letting go of my hair. 

"So she tried, But you screwed it up and killed her instead. I was upset, but not that she died, I was upset cause she failed and you survived," he said throwing a pen across the room.

"She planned on killing me?" I gasped 

"She planned on leaving you on the side of the road, but you would have known your way back. So she decided to make it look like she lost control and bye bye Venus" He said  

My heart was breaking more and more, I couldn't take this. I didn't want to listen anymore, I was about to explode. I jumped out my seat and stared the man into his empty eyes.

"So if you can't stand the mistake right in front of you, Then why am I here?" asked strongly.

There was no sadness in my voice, now it was just complete anger.

"It seems your real father actually wants you, crazy I know but I'm telling the truth." He laughed at the last part.

"I don't have to go with him. Landon is my legal guardian, Not you or Him. So go screw yourself" I instantly regretted the last.

In a quick second, I was on the floor holding my face. he hit me, That abusive bastard hit me. He walked over to me but I quickly put out my leg and kicked him hard, hard enough for him to stop for a moment. 

I scrambled from the floor and ran to the door, But it wouldn't open. I shook the doorknob and pulled it. I was about to scream when a hand wrapped around my mouth. His other hand picked me up by my waist and carried me back to the chair. 

"Do that again and I'll make you wich that you died in that car accident," He said slow and angry.

Something told me he was kidding so I stayed seated and my mouth shut he walked around my chair and laughed.

"After I tell Landon that you have a different father, he won't want you. Plus your dad is willing to fight for custody. And something tells me Landon can't afford a good lawyer and still be able to take care of you three." He snickered. 

he was right, Landon was already struggling. His job didn't pay much but he still tried, Luke helps out once in awhile after all he sometimes works at school stuff and gets paid, but very little.

"So what, am I just going to disappear in the middle of the night, or are you going to make my brothers hate me first," I said folding my arms. 

"Actually, I have everything planned out, So just do as I say and I won't give you another bruise on that ugly little face of yours," He said sternly.

I grabbed the envelope and walked to the door, but then I remembered.

"So are you going to let me out, or am I stuff in here with you" I raised my eyebrow

He sighed and got up, he unlocked the door so quick I didn't even see how he did it. 

"Don't say a word to your brothers. And if you do, You'll end up next to your mother" He finished

I shuddered in fear and quickly walked back to my small room. I didn't care anymore, I wanted to be home. I wanted to forget all of this. I sat on the bed and silently cried my self to sleep

959 words