Chapter 18

~Venus~

The game ended halfway through the whole visit to the aquarium. No one got kicked out but I won the game with a whole 20 points! I got dared and I did it toward a group a school kids. They all believed me giving me a whole 12 points.

I never thought I could be this happy again. I missed smiling and laughing, I never realized how long it's been since I have been happy. We are currently at the park eating some turkey sandwichs, fruit, and whenever else Landon cramped into the bag.

The park was semi big and is always a go to spot for some piece and quiet, or just when I want to be alone. I looked over at Chase and Luke playing catch with a football they brought from the house. Tate and Landon were talking about Tate's brother and telling embarrassing stories about him. I just sat there looking at the trees ahead and the squirrels fighting over food. Every once in a while Tate or Landon would ask if I was ok because I wasn't doing anything. But for the first time in my life...I was actually fine maybe even more than fine.

  After a while I got up and caught Landon's attention.

"Where are you going?" Landon asked sitting up a little.

"I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be right back" I sat walking a little away before Landon shouted.

"Don't take to long!" I heard the boys laugh. I waved my hand like I was saying yeah...yeah I walked continued to walk toward the little bathroom shack lookin thing.

They are disgusting!!!!!

It smelled like mildew and looked like a bomb exploded in here. Which is weird, because they were all pretty and painted light shade a blue last year. I guess everything died with Mom. I wash my hands as fast as I could and ran out taking in fresh air. After few second of breathing proper air I turned and forgot to notice the body coming towards me. Crash...and now I'm on the floor.

I stand up to apologize but I realize I didn't just bump into a stranger. Well you could say that this person is a stranger to me now but....he's wasn't always a stranger.

He looks down at me and slightly smiles. I feel my hands shake and like I want to puke. He opened his mouth to speak.

"Hello Venus, how are you?" He asks.

Im not use to hearing his voice anymore, almost like I forgot how it sounds. I finally can form a word without puking.

"Dad....?" I say shakily but continue to stay frozen I'm front of him.