4

LENA'S POV

    I finished getting dressed and watched Stef buttoning up her flannel shirt - the fancier kind - and running her hands through her short hair. She looked irreverent and comfortable, just like she always did. Very journalist-sy. I loved it.

    "Well, don't you look beautiful?" Stef said as she watched me finish applying my lipstick on.
I simply smiled as I looked at her through the mirror.

    "The lipstick though, it just gets in the way of my fun," she whined.

    I grinned and turned to face her. "I'm not dressing for you tonight, babe."

    Stef huffed and put her arms on my waist. "The only time you're doing something for me that involves clothes is undressing, my dear."

    I laughed and felt her kissing my neck.

    "I really really wanna make out right now but I know what you're gonna say about your make-up and that is the only reason I complain about the lipstick." She murmured against my skin.

    I pulled away softly. "Don't you ruin my make-up, woman."

    I heard Stef groan.

    "And we actually should get going anyway, so why don't we finish this later?" I winked at her.

    As I turned around to reach for our doorknob as we headed out, I felt Stef's hand on my ass, slapping it gently but sexily.
-----------

    We had a few drinks and chatted for a while until I felt myself getting a little bit tipsy.

    "I forgot to tell you." I whispered in Stef's ear.

    She seemed aroused, but by the look on her face, she was trying to contain it. "What?"

    "How beautiful you look tonight. And sexy." I finished, touching my teeth to the side of her ear, playing with her piercing in that area.

    Now she definitely looked turned on. There was no way she could deny it. "I- uh- um-"

    "So, do you wanna stop talking and start taking my lipstick off now?"

    She grinned. "I thought I wasn't supposed to mess up your make-up."

    "Right now I honestly don't care. Are you complaining?" I arched an eyebrow.

    Stef grinned wider. "Not at all," and began ravishing my mouth in a way only she knew how.

    After a few minutes of extreme PDA - which I wouldn't normally be okay with - Stef and I engaged in a conversation about life and philosophy and something about astrology.

    "But that's because you have moon in cancer. That's why you're so loving and caring - I bet you'd make an amazing mom." I said without thinking. Clearly. By now, I think it's safe to say I was drunk.

    She laughed histerically at my tone of voice and attitude. "Thank you, love. That's- nice to hear."

    I nodded. "Yep."

    "Stef!" I heard somebody yell her name.
As my girlfriend turned around, I did the same.

    "Melissa, oh my God, hi!" She grinned and greeted the woman now in front of us fondly.

    I stood there, not knowing what to do or say, until Stef introduced me to her. "Melissa, this is my girlfriend Lena. Babe, Melissa works with me at the paper."

    I shook her hand politely and smiled. "Nice to meet you," I said, to which she responded "likewise".

    "So what brings you here?" Stef asked.

    Melissa smiled sadly. "Women. The chance of meeting them. Raina and I broke up last month and now I'm here."

    "Well, I'm sure you'll find someone nice in no time," Stef assured her.

    I continued smiling.

    "I should go get a drink. I'll see you girls later, maybe?" She waved.
We nodded.

    I felt uncomfortable. For some reason, it felt like maybe that girl had a crush on Stef. Nothing major, I don't think, but the feeling was there. And I didn't particularly like it.

    "So, where were we?" I asked.

    She bit her bottom lip and raised an eyebrow. "Somewhere in Astrology," she said hesitantly.

    I chuckled. "Oh right," and we resumed our conversation.

    After about an hour of more talking and drinking - Stef had whiskey and I had some water - we heard some good music playing and decided to join the dance floor.

    I pulled her to dance with me and we stayed there swinging together, following the rhythm of the song. Not at all slow dancing, but I enjoyed it.

    She rolled up her sleeves to mid-arm and allowed me to see her tattoo, which always turned me on - especially after a few drinks.
We stared into each other's eyes and the looks we were sending were almost rated R. I nearly blushed at the naughtiness Stef was making me feel.

    She grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to her, only to shout in my ear, since the music was too loud. "I think we should go."

    I frowned. "Why?" I was having so much fun.

    "Because I don't want to fuck you in public," she grinned and kissed me hard on the lips. I opened my mouth slightly, giving her more access to it, and when she swirled her tongue around mine - that's when I knew we had to get home. Soon.

AN: hope you're enjoying reading this story as much as I am enjoying writing it. Any comments or votes? Thanks for reading :)