29

STEF'S POV

    "Hi, may I come in?" Lena said, naked, looking at me while asking for permission to get in the shower with me.

    I looked back at her - that body, always soft, hydrated and smelling good... but I'd just been rejected. When she decided that talking to her mother on the phone while I was showing her a good time was more important than simply returning the call later. "Now's not a good time," I said.

    "Stef-"

    "I just need some space, k? We'll talk later."

    "Honey-" My fiancé said, trying one more time.

    I shook my head. "Later."

    And, as soon as I left the shower, feeling fresh and less upset, I changed into sweatpants and a black T-shirt.

    "Can we talk now?" Lena asked.

    "Yes, Lena. What is it?"

    She sighed. "I'm so sorry. I know it's been some time since we had sex and-"

    "That's not what I'm upset about. It's not about the lack of sex, Lena. It's about what the lack of sex represents in our relationship."

    "Okay. What do you think it means?"

    "It means that we're going downhill."

    "That's just-" she said, frustrated.

    "Let me rephrase that. The less we spend time together and the less we're really there for each other, the more fragile our relationship gets. And I know you're busy with all the wedding planning and your mom's been difficult on you, too demanding and so on so forth, but what about us? We need to make time for each other, love, and I don't miss just the sex, I miss the attention, the cuddling-"

    "I know. I am so so sorry. I've just been so stressed out lately; my mom has a way of making me feel crappy about myself that not even I can wrap my head around, you know? And it turns out I've been, well, crappy with you, so she's right." My soon to be wife explained, and of course I understood it.

    I hugged her softly. "I know, sweetheart, I know. But listen, it doesn't have to be stressful. Hell, it's not meant to be stressful!"

    "Really?" Lena said, her head on my shoulder as I wiped away a few tears. "All those digital influencers my mom's been making me watch keep saying their weddings were the most stressful event they've ever had to plan and that finding the perfect dress requires a lot of effort-"

    "Fuck that. Fuck these digital influencers. They may think that's a good thing, but it's not. I didn't propose to you thinking it'd drive you nuts. I did it because, well, apart from the fact that I love you immensely, I thought it could be exciting and fun if we planned it together," I carressed her hair with my fingers.

    "You don't even wanna help plan the wedding, Stef."

    "No, not a stressful one. I want no part in that. You're not planning this wedding with me, Lena. Dana is the one planning the whole thing and you and I are just the leading actressess in her big movie." I kissed Lena's forehead. "I want you to have fun. I want us to do this together. Okay? I don't want you to ever think that I don't give a shit about our wedding and that I'm not excited as fuck to marry you, because that would break my heart so much. I care. I'm thrilled. Believe me."

    "I love you so much," my soon to be wife said, kissing my lips gently.

    I smiled at her. "I love you."

    "Stef?"

    "Yeah?" I asked, wrapping my arms around her from behind.

    "What are we gonna do about your potty mouth? I can't marry someone who swears this much." Lena said, grinning at me. She's so fucking beautiful.

    "Yeah? How about you come here and shut me up?" I said, raising an eyebrow at her.

    "I can't resist that," Lena concluded, ravishing my mouth for hours on end, as we resume our love making.

———————

    "God, I love Bad Lena!" I said, teasing my naked girlfriend as we cuddled.

    She was so embarrassed that she hid her face on my chest. "Stop!"

    "Why would I? This is so much fun." I grinned at her.

    "Payback's a bitch, Foster."

    "Whatever you say, sweetheart," I kissed her once again, still grinning.

    "I feel so close to you when we're like this. Just the two of us, in bed together. It's so calm and-"

    "Peaceful." I finished. Those were my favorite moments.

    "Exactly. I wish we could be like this all the time." Lena affirmed, kissing my neck softly.

    There's nothing I would love more. If we could just get married without all this fuss, just the two of us... God, that would be a dream. Nobody there to bother us. Just us and our love.

    "Well, I have an idea. What if we, um, forget this whole stressful fancy wedding and elope? Just the two of us, plane tickets to Hawaii?"

AN: Thank you guys so much for ur support. Also, another chapter of Gold Skies is coming soon! Please vote and comment :)