21

STEF'S POV

"Well, that was great!" I heard Lena say after the last guest had finally left our house.

Tonight was Lena's going away party, which meant in only 3 days, she would leave. A lot of her friends from work came and they had a great time. Lena, however, was so drunk that I doubt she would have a good time the next day.

"Yes, it was!" I said in return.

"Now who wants more wine? Anybody?" Lena said, looking at the only person in the room: me.

I immediately ran towards her and grabbed the bottle of wine from her hands, putting it back in the cabinet.  "Nobody wants more wine, and everybody here thinks that we should put our PJs on and get some rest."

"Pff, you're no fun!"

"Whatever you say, baby. Let's go," I said, pulling her towards me and guiding her to our bedroom.

"Thanks for doing this for me. It was amazing," Lena smiled at me, holding onto my arm as we made our way to the bedroom.

"Anytime, love. Actually, I'm not gonna be thrilled to throw another going away party," I pointed out.

Lena laughed. "You're so funny, honey. Funny honey," then she laughed some more. "Did you know that you're, like, my favorite girlfriend?"

Now it was my turn to laugh, as I helped her out of her dress and got her her PJs.

"Gee, I hope to be your only girlfriend."

"Did you even drink tonight?"

I shook my head as I helped her to bed. "Nope."

"That's why you're so uptight. You need to relax, baby, here, let me go get us some wine-"

I gently grabbed her back to bed. "No, no, no. We're going to lay down and fall asleep, ok?"

"No." She confronted me.

"What do you mean 'no'?"

"We're gonna have mindblowing, earth-shattering sex and then we'll stay up all night talking." Lena concluded.

"Love, you're not-. We're not going to do either of those. Ok? Maybe tomorrow."

"But I want to! I need to. Are you denying sex with me?"

Oh goodness. "It's not that, sweetheart, you just- you might fall asleep on me and my ego just can't take it, alright?" I said, only wishing she would fall asleep soon.

"Ok. But we're gonna stay up all night talking, right?" She asked, like an excited 8-year-old.

I smiled at her and kissed her lips, as we finally went to bed.

I didn't want to tell her that she was too drunk for us to have sex and too drunk for us to have an actual conversation. So I just went with it. "Sure."

She cuddled into me and kissed my neck. "Thank you so so so much for tonight," Lena said.

"Oh love, I wanted to do this for you. You deserve it, you don't have to thank me." I said, kissing her forehead and running my fingers through her hair.

"I'm thinking I'm going to get a cat," I blurted out.

Lena laughed at me. "What? You?"

I smiled at her. She looked so relaxed. "Yeah. I'm going to be so lonely I won't be able to cope."

"Whatever, I'll be back soon. You won't even have time to miss me!"

I carressed her thigh softly. "I'll be fucking devastated."

"Hey!" She intervened.

"Sorry," I said. "I know why you're doing what you're doing and I love you for it; it'll just be hard, but we'll manage."

"It almost sounds like you're scared."

I sighed. "I am terrified. Aren't you?"

"About us? Why would I be?" She asked, looking at me and expecting an answer.

"I don't know, I-"

"You shouldn't be either. I know what we have and I trust it completely. I trust you. And I believe in what I'm about to do. So there's really no reason to be scared. Being scared is bullshit."

"Oh damn, look at you. Ms. Bad Words, you hurt my ears!" I teased her, laughing in excitement after hearing the words of reassurance.

"Oh fuck you," she said, laughing at my reaction and completely careless about her own actions.

"Holy shit, I need to get my phone so I can record this," I said, playfully, walking towards my phone.

"Nooo! You wouldn't!" She said.

As I was about to grab it, she came up close to me and started kissing my neck and distracting me from getting my phone.

"I definitely would," I said seriously.

And, with that, we spent the entire night playing and kissing, talking about random subjects and enjoying each other. Then, Lena fell asleep in my arms and I held her tight and cried myself to sleep.

AN: This is very short, but I really wanted to get something out! Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for keeping up!!