14

I woke up to the smell of freshly cooked pancakes. I then got up, wearing pajama shorts and one of Stef's old shirt, that was a bit loose on my body, and went into the kitchen.

    "Morning," I said, smiling as I watched my girlfriend set two plates on the table and hand me a bouquet of roses.

    "Happy anniversary," she said, walking towards me and kissing my lips softly.

    I pulled away and grabbed the small yet beautiful bouquet from her hands.

    "Six months, six roses." She said simply.

    I grinned and kissed her softly and quickly. "Thank you. I love you."

    Stef smiled and sat down. I joined her at the kitchen table, already digging in.

    "I didn't see this coming. Your amazing pancakes and roses," I said, clearly in a happy tone.

    Stef, who sat next to me, kissed my cheek and went back to eating. "I made a bunch. There must be at least 30 in the freezer."

    I almost jumped out of my seat. "You kidding me, woman? Oh my God. Is this my big surprise?"

    I knew Stef didn't enjoy cooking, or doing anything in the kitchen at all, but she always did it when I asked. After our first night together, our first morning after, she made me breakfast: pancakes. Since then, I'd joke around saying she didn't win me over due to sex or love; but due to her amazing pancakes.

    She laughed, amused that I would even think this was my surprise. "Oh love, I need to spoil you more often, you get so child-like, it's cute."

    I slapped her arm playfully. "What is the surprise?!"

    My girlfriend finished eating her first pancake and moved to the next. "So not telling you."

    I pouted, and she kissed my pouty lips. "While this is an adorable look on you, I can't say anything yet."

    I sighed. "Fine."

    "Seriously though, 30 pancakes in the freezer for you," she said, ponting to the freezer.

    I smiled. "When did you get up to make them?"

    "Nah, it wasn't too bad. I mean, it was, but then I'd think about how cute you'd look after hearing this, and it became easy."

    I blushed slightly. I hated blushing around her, because even though we were together long enough to control these things, I still didn't seem to be able to.

    "I know, I'm charming af," she grinned and winked at me, finishing off breakfast and standing up.

    I followed, setting our plates in the dishwasher and wrapping my arms around her from behind. "Don't curse, baby."

    Stef  moaned when I kissed her neck, and turned around, facing me. "A.f. technically isn't cursing."

    I shook my head. "It's an acronym for cursing. Same semantics."

    Stef arched an eyebrow and wrapped her arms around my waist, making her way towards my ear and whispering "mmhm I love it when you talk Professor language with me."

    I shivered, God, I was so turned on. "Don't," I affirmed. "We need to leave this house and do other things. Couple things."

    "What do you want to do?" She asked.

"I want- I want to go out for lunch." I suggested.

    Stef nodded. "We can do that. What should we do in the meantime?"