28

LENA'S POV

    Three weeks since the proposal had passed and I was overwhelmed with wedding planning. I spent most of my days home - finally, home! - planning stuff for the wedding and teaching at college again. At least things were more comfortable now since Stef and I saw each other every day. Which still doesn't mean we get a lot of time to ourselves, with all this wedding planning my mom's forcing me to do.

    "Which flower do you like better? Lilies or roses?" I asked Stef as she read the newspaper on the couch.

    "What?" She asked.

    I sighed. "Flowers. Lilies or roses?"

    "Whatever you want, sweetheart. Both even." She said, turning the page on the newspaper and not even looking at me.

    "I'm asking your opinion, Stef."

    "I don't have an opinion. I guess roses are more... romantic? But I know you love lillies. Honestly it's up to you." She shrugged.

    I stood up from the chair and refilled my coffee mug. "Thanks a lot," I said sarcastically.

    "Wha- excuse me, are you mad at me for letting you do whatever you want with our wedding?" She said, looking up from the newspaper she was holding.

    I shook my head. "I'm mad at you for not giving a crap about our wedding."

    "What?? That's just-"

    "It's true. You don't wanna help make the decisions, you hate it when I even comment on it." I said, drinking a sip of my coffee and getting nervous.

    "Well I just don't understand why make such a big deal out of this!" She said.

    "Ok, so for you it's no big deal? We're getting married and you think it's just another Saturday in your life? Wow, then why do this at all? Why even get married?" I did not mean to say that. But I did say it.

    "Lena, love, you're stressed out. I get that. But my point is: I love you and I wanna marry you, that's why I asked you to marry me. I am beyond excited to be your wife and for our marriage as a whole, I'm just not as excited for the cerimony, that's all." Stef said, coming closer to me and rubbing my back from behind me.

    "I know, and I'm sorry. I just wish you'd help me because I've never done this before and I'm so... lost. There are so many options to choose from, so many categories that I didn't even know existed, and without your help, I just...," I look at her with pleading eyes.

    "Hey, it's my first wedding too. And to be honest with you, I'm not good with details and decorating, so I think I'd get in the way a lot more than actually help you. But your mom's helping you a lot, right? She knows this wedding shit a lot better than both of us combined." Stef pointed out.

    I shook my head once again. "Ok, first of all, honey, I love you, but if you call our wedding shit again, there may not be a wedding to attend to."

    "Oh shit you know what I meant. Sorry, love," she said laughing.

    "And secondly, my mother is responsible for driving me CRAZY. She's the one that's been making all this planning stressful, so don't tell me to ask for her help." I said.

    Stef sighed. "I know, and I'm sorry. But think of it this way: we got through the whole distance relationship thing pretty well, so we can overcome any obstacles now. I mean, God knows it wasn't easy to be apart from you for that long, but we managed. And we're stronger than ever."

    I smiled at her and kissed her, pulling away quickly.

    "Mmm, more of that, please!" She said, walking behind me and wrapping her arms around my waist.

    "Mmmm, but I still have to figure out the wedding invitations and then the seating arrengements for the-" I moaned as she kissed my neck and filled me with gentle biting. As much as I loved all of that, and we really hadn't had sex all week long - a record for us, a bad record -, I still had so much to take care of and weekends were much better for this than weekdays, when I have to worry about many work-related issues.

    Stef huffed. "I'll help you with that. It's a Saturday afternoon, you and I have worked so hard these past few weeks and this week we've barely seen each other. The seating arrengements for today are: Stef and Lena will be seating in bed, and then laying down..." Oh damn, that sounded so good right about now. I really missed her, I've missed her all week, and maybe a distraction from all this craziness was all I truly needed, not an expert in flower types and wedding decoration.

    "Oh fuck, you're so sexy," I said as Stef started to remove my shirt to the side and kissing my shoulders in a teasing sort of way.

    "Mmmm Bad Lena is back," Stef said, laughing.

    I grinned. She called me Bad Lena every time I said a swear word, which only ever happened when we were about to have sex or in the middle of sex. I loved to have this other side, a darker side, that only appeared every now and then. I loved that she made up a nickname for it - one that only the two of us knew.

    As we were headed to our bedroom, Stef had already removed my shirt and bra, and I was turned on as hell. As soon as we got to bed, I heard my phone ringing.

    "Who the fuck-" she asked frustratingly.

    "It's my mom," I said apologetically. "Sorry, I have to take this." I really did. I'd been ignoring calls from my mom for about 3 to 5 days because I couldn't stand all the pressure she was putting on me for the wedding. So yes, I needed to answer the call, as much as I'd hate to.

    "You know, you really don't." Stef said, pissed off. She stood from bed and headed to the bathroom.

    "Hi mom. Just a second- Stef, where are you going?"

    "To take a fucking shower." She said, shutting the bathroom door.

AN: Well, doesn't that suck. Thoughts?? Btw, check out my new story Gold Skies, it's a college version of Stef and Lena and I'm having a blast writing it too. Please let me know what you think about it and about this chapter as well, of course. Thanks a lot for your support :)