16

STEF'S POV (what?)

I got home from work exhausted and saw my girlfriend in the kitchen making spaghetti. Tonight we were having friends over, which actually meant my ex-girlfriend and her new girlfriend, who happened to be a friend from work. Sigh. I greeted Lena and put my things on the kitchen counter.

"Hey, love," I said, kissing her cheek as she stirred something that smelled delicious.

She smiled. "Hey. How's your day been?"

"Long. Hey, I told you I could cook dinner, you didn't have to-"

She laughed. "Honey, you really couldn't."

I tried looking upset at her, but apparently I was unable to do that as well. "Excuse me, Lena Adams,  I'll have you know that if I truly want to learn to cook, I damn sure will.  I'm great at getting what I want," I smirked at her as she stepped away from the oven and put her arms around my waist flirtatiously.

"Oh really?"

I smirked and pulled her even closer. "I got you, didn't I?"

We kissed for a minute then Lena pulled away and kept running her fingers through my short hair. "I love your short hair."

"Good. But I was thinking of letting it grow," I admitted, hesitantly.

"Mhm. I've never seen you with long hair. I bet you'd look beautiful either way."  She pecked my lips.

I smiled against her lips. "I kinda just wanna see what it looks like again. It's been so long since I've changed my hair."

Lena nodded and we pulled apart. "Has Melissa texted you yet? Dinner's almost ready."

I grabbed my phone from my back pocket and checked a text from Melissa.

5 minutes ago: Stef, we're almost here!

2 minutes ago: We're here.

To which I replied "Shit sorry Mel, we'll let you in."

"Shit. I forgot to check my phone." I rolled my eyes and Lena turned off the oven.

A few minutes later, we let them in and I saw Whitney again for the first time in years. We greeted each other politely and had a few drinks.

"You look good, Stefanie. It's been too long," She said, and I nodded.

"It has. Good to have you two over," I replied rather awkwardly and felt Lena's hand rubbing against my back softly, soothing me.

I smiled at my girlfriend and we sat down, ready to dig in.

"Ok, you two, Lena is an amazing cook and tonight we're having this delicious spaghetti," I said proudly.

Whitney smiled intimately at me. "Still haven't improved your cooking skills?" She questioned.

Lena felt a bit odd at the sudden exchange, and it was safe to say that Melissa was feeling completely left out.

"I would, but this one keeps spoiling me," I grabbed Lena's hand and smiled at her. Fuck.

Then, I decided to make things a little less awkward and ask them about their story together. After all, it was all so new and exciting that they must be thrilled to share.

"Well, Lena spotted this hottie and I went in. I charmed her and then, next thing I knew, she wanted me," Melissa shared with us in a joking tone.

"Come on, Melissa. You were all over me with your beautiful eyes and that dress.... I couldn't resist. You played really well," Whitney said.