PERFECTLY IMPERFECT - I

Ahluwalia family was all in a happy go lucky mood. And why not? Mr. Ahluwalia's only son was cmng back to home after an year of posting. Everybody was excited to meet him after a gap of an year.. his mother was preparing his favouraite dishes,  his father  was all set with his chessboard and his sister Naina... Naina was still sleeping soundly.. hopeless.. i must say!

Naina too loves her brother but she has her own mood swings according to which she works n behaves.

Her mom entered her room. Sliding away the curtains, she said,
"Uth jaa Naina 12 bj rahe h... kb tak soyegi... Naveen bhi aata hoga.. kb tk soyegi.. uth ja betaaa..."

Keeping the pillows on her face, she shouted,
"Uth rahi hu mumma.... aap jao...please!"

"Pta nhi shadi k bad kya hoga iska.."
Her mother muttered as she left the room.

Soon a phone call made her sit up on bed. She was now wide awake...

"Bhayyaaaaa......."

"Jiiii"

"Aap kaha ho bhayya.. m kbse apka intezar kr rhi hu.."

"Jhuti... jhut mt bol naina... mujhe pta h tu abhi tak so rahi h..."

She bit her tongue as her lie got caught.

" chl ab ftaft uthja... n come downstairs...i m waiting fr u... jldi aaja bacchaa"

"Sry bhayya... m bs abhi aayi..."

Aur ye abhi aane wali Naina , she took around an hour to reach downstairs. Her eyes searched him everywhere... finally he saw him. He was standing there, backfacing her...talking to her father...

She ran towards him and engulfed him in a warm n tight hug.. backhug...

"Bhayyyyaaaa..... m so happy u r here..... m so sry m late.. bt u know naaaahhh...................."

She stopped suddenly as the person  turned around to look at her with a shocked face.

"I m sorry?????"

"Woh .... m....... woh .... bhayya....."

She was stunned to see the man she just backhugged. He was nothing less  than a hero. A well built physique, wheatish complexion, sharp nose and deep drowning eyes. It was exactly like her DREAM MAN! She gulped the saliva, out of nervousness n excitement.

"Ohho bccha... idhr hu mai.... vo dost h mera...colleague h.. "
Naveen said as he saw her sister's  confused face .

"Oh.... i thot ki yeh aap ho... " she
replied and then looking at the guy she said , "Sorry... vo muje lga..."

She couldnt complete as he responded with a slight nod.
"Thats ok"

She turned to look at his brother, smartly glancing at the guy standing next to her brother.

"Bhayya ... toh koi .... ldki mili????...... bolo bolo... ya fr ab bhi wahi purani Dr?"

"Chup kr!"
He said ...playfully hitting her head.

She dragged him to a corner...

"Aur ye kis joker ko le aaye ho sath?"

she asked Naveen though her words were a pure lie as she clearly knew hw breathtakingly handsm that face was. But being Naina, hw could she praise a guy.. so this way... smartly I must say.. she asked his brother about HIM.

"Woh joker nhi h... aur marunga dubara aisa bola toh.. mera best friend h...mere batch ka sbse eligible bachelor h vo.... ladkiyan marti h uspr... aur tu h ki....."

"Mtlb no.1 ka spot uska tha? I thot u were toping the charts" she laughed.

"Ofcrs not.... i mean mere bad vo best h..."
he said with a wink which meant he was just lieing.

"Pr h kon vo... n yaha kyu?"

"Chl milwata hu.."

They both walked towards the guy n their father who were engrossed deeply in some conversation.

"Papa.. Rajveer..... "
Naveen said to drag their attention  towards them.

"Toh ye h Rajveer.... Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat... Intelligence dept me h... officer in Indian Army.. my best frnd ..my colleague... aur mera pehla pyaar..."
He said the last line dreamily and winked at Rajveer to which he gave him a sharp look!

"Meet my father... n my Sister Naina.. meri pyari aur shaitan behen... Naina ne abhi graduation cmplt ki h.. aur ajtk koi kaam nhi kiya h siwaaye shopping.. n makeup.... "

Naina slapped Naveen playfully n looked at Rajveer.

"Hii I m Naina" she forwarded her hand hopefully with butterflies in her tummy.

"n there comes my mom..my lovely mom...." Naveen interrupted them.

Rajveer turned towards his mom , leaving a fuming Naina beside and he touched her feet to tk the blessings.. n she caressed his head with her hands, kissing him on her forehead..

"Khush raho beta...."

N he smiled with teary eyes. A kid who had spent his whole life in an orphanage .. who is an orphan... knows the value of each n every relationship... n this was the frst time he is meeting close to a mother figure. The way she touched him n kissed him, made him all emotional n hpy.

Thereafter not a single word was shared between Naina n Rajveer. Rajveer talked with everyone  except her.. Even at the dining table, she looked at him frequently but he didnt even  glance at her once, which made her all the more angry.

Soon... the night was smiling at them!