Chapter 22

I take out the frozen waffles from the freezer and place them on the counter for Zach to make.
"Waffles!"
I scream in delight. Everyone groaned, because we have been eating waffles for the past few days- but they didn't know, that waffles with take over the world and rule this universe!
"Waffles are the best, stop complaining!"
I yell at the boys, Zach nods agreeing with my statement. We all sit down to eat waffles, while everyone is almost done I ask a question out of the blue.
"What the heck happened to you this morning Jonah?"
The boys look at each other, confused? Maybe. Awkwardness? Don't think so. I can't tell why they were looking at eachother and not answering my simple question.
"You guys thought I was totally going to let go of the fact that Jonah almost killed me?"
They all look at each other, looking for something to say. Daniel speaks up.
"We wouldn't say that he tried to kill you... really."
They said, trying to explain to me that Jonah did not want to kill but no, he just wanted to scare me to death; I thought sarcastically.
"What your trying to say is, he just wanted to jump on top of me and freak me out for no reason."
I say sarcastically, but I don't think they got the point that it was pure sarcasm.
"Exactly!"
Zach yells out after saying that sentence.
"Don't believe you."
I get up out of my seat and place my plate into the sink.
"So, no explanation at all? Nothing?"