Chapter 34

After laughing in my head, I wondered where Jonah had gone off to. I walk up the stairs and to the boys room. None of the boys downstairs had noticed. When I got to the door I of course, like a nice human being, knock on the door before entering.
"Come in."
Jonah had called from the opposite side of the door. I walked in and saw Jonah sitting on his bed on his phone. He looked up from the bright light.
"Oh, I thought it was one of the boys. You can sit here if you want."
He pats the space next to him and I cautiously sit next to him.
"So, what brings you up here?" He puts his phone down, I could see his features perfectly in the morning sun light. His beautiful blue eyes, his perfect lips, and his cute smile.
"Everyone downstairs were on their phones, I just got really bored."
I give him a quick smile, which was unusual for me; why was I even smiling in the first place. Did I actually enjoy it here? I started to think back, as I always do, and remembered Jonah's gleaming red eyes. Should I be afraid of him? He doesn't seem all that bad. Should I ask him? I was thinking of the craziest things I could ever do, but I was feeling risky today.
"Jonah, it's not like I forgot you had bright red eyes, can't you just tell me what is happening?"
Jonah looked shocked at me. Shocked at what, I thought, shocked that I didn't forgot my kidnapper had blood red eyes that stared into my soul?
"I-I can't answer that."
I looked down at my hands and started to fidget. Why couldn't they tell me, right when I started to trust them, they go and ruin it.
"Wait- I'll tell you. You just can't tell the others."
I looked up completely astonished. Was he really going to tell me?
"I know you won't believe me but, we're all demons."
Wait... hold up. What did he just say. I look completely stunned at him. Now, they are all lying to me. I will never trust them, I wanted to leave this prison right now. I get off the bed and stomp off to the door. My eyes move up from the ground to the door handle then Jonah appears in my view. I jump back in pure aghast.