Chapter 25

After getting changed in the bathroom I walk out to see the lights turned off, the blinds were closed and the door was closed. The only light I could use to see was the hallway light seeping from under the closed door. I struggle to find my way around to my air mattress but I finally feel the soft, puffy feel of the mattress. I made it without tripping on my face, new accomplishment! I thought, I silently laughed at my weirdness and tucked myself to bed. I laid my head down on the pillow and close my eyes. Seconds later, I heard the crunching and ruffling of blankets, I have forgotten Jack was in the room with me. Tonight, had to be the least sleep I have ever gotten. What felt like five minutes was really a few hours, because later that night the door opens with no light seeping in the room like it had before. Someone walks in, but before they do they say a good night to other people. Assuming it's Daniel, I quietly call out his name.
"Goodnight Daniel."
He jumped, startled at my voice.
"I thought you were sleeping, you scared me Angel."
He said in a low murmur back to me. I once again, tried to fall asleep, I close my eyes and try to dream. While my eyes were closed I heard shuffling around the room and again, movement of blankets. Then finally, silence.