Chapter 28

Jonah reaches over and moves my hand away from my cheek ,I'm assuming, to check how badly she slapped me. In reality; I've been slapped way harder before, so this wasn't much of a big deal. I couldn't say anything to Jonah while he was checking my cheek, I could see Corbyn looking over his shoulder to see if I was alright- which I was. I left my mouth open, trying to say words but couldn't. These past days ran in my head over, and over, and over again. After all the bad things that have been happening to me; this was the worst. I wanted go home and cuddle with a book; I really wanted to read something right now, reading has always been my hobby. I used to read all the time; mostly at night. I was a 'night owl' as most people call them. My all time favorite book had to- I was soon being shaken abruptly.
"Angel? Are you okay?"
Jonah was shaking my shoulders back and forth while calling my name, or nickname actually.
"Huh? I'm ok."
I stated, even though my cheek was still burning hot after Aspen had slapped me. Jonah put his hands off my shoulders and Corbyn steps in front of him. He grabs my chin turning it side to side, like I'm some kind of object. This reminded me of the second day here, when Aspen first met me and was doing the same thing; turning my head from side to side to check me out. I did not like the feeling it was giving me- I gently move Corbyns hand from my chin and reassure him that I'm swell.
"I'm fine Corbyn, I'm fine."