Chapter Four

March 24th, 2015

"I can pick up some soup on my way over; how does that sound?" Luke spoke through the phone, his voice sounding groggy, almost like he just woke up.

"But my fever's gone, it's just a headache, Lucas," I laughed, because he was quite impossible. I already knew that he insisted on doing this, that's why I said it.

"I'm almost at the store, Paige," he said. "I'm not turning around."

I rolled my eyes. "Get off the phone with me if you're driving. You've already gotten yourself into a car crash before."

"Well," he gasped. "If you hate me that much." After that, the line went dead, even though he was kidding. Ten minutes later, I got a text saying that he was in the check out line.

My eyes trained onto a Mayday Parade poster I had hung up before I left for school. What was I supposed to do while waiting for Luke? Use the bathroom? Actually, it seemed like a pretty good option.

"Knock, knock. Are you naked? Please say yes," a voice said after another ten minutes.

"Yes," I chuckled and the boy darted in like the speed of sound. But he was disappointed to find out that I lied.

"Dammit Paige," he said while I sat up.

"How much did you exactly see on Sunday?"

"Everything of course," winked Luke. "I saw you look down at one point, too. We lost our naked virginities."

"You did not just say that," I stared at him.

"I'm not taking it back." He reached into the large brown bag and pulled out two cartoons of soup. "One for me, and one for you," he smiled and handing me one.

"Spoons?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Uh...Oi! Deanne!" he shouted out the door to my mum. I couldn't believe he used my mum's first name. "Are you able to get us some spoons?"

"You have legs Luke!" she called right up. He turned to me.

"Alright, I'll be right back." He left. "Thanks for the help, Ms. Millar," I heard him huff sarcastically. Chuckling softly, I peered over to see what else was in the bag. A bag of chocolates and a two PEZ dispensers, one Nemo and the other Dory. "Got th- hey!" Luke whined, causing me to immediately back away into the position I was in earlier. "Those were a surprise."

"Sorry," I innocently smiled and he gave in and smiled too. Luke handed me a spoon, purposely touching my hand with his and sending me a wink because of it.

"I didn't know what kind of soup you liked, so I went with chicken noodle. Because who doesn't like chicken noodle soup?" I didn't want to tell him that I didn't like any kind of soup because he was being too sweet.

"Have I ever told you how great of a boyfriend you are?" He looked at me in shock.

"That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me," he faked acting flustered and sat down on my desk chair.

"Oh shut up," I said, opening the white plastic kid to the soup. "Do these need heated up."

"Lucky for the both of us, I did the first time I was downstairs," he said, proudly.

"Good for you, Luke, actually remembering to do something," I said.

"You're right, I have a horrible memory," he suppressed.

"I beg to differ," I leaned over closer to him. "You remembered my birthday. Sometimes I don't even remember my own birthday."

"I would be a huge asshole if I forgot your birthday."