Chapter Eighteen

"How did we end up talking in the first place?"

August 27th, 2015

"Don't make me go to school, Paige," Luke groaned, taking my hand in his so he could pull me back down in bed.

"Luke, you have been going for three weeks now, just get your butt up and let's go." It had been well over a month since I forgave him, but still, he was having a hard time forgiving himself. Some nights, he would wake up and lock himself in the bathroom again. It freaked me out so much, yet all he did was cry.

Luke would cry for hours, and sometimes I thought he was possessed. He didn't even let me talk to him about it, all he did was pull me onto him and cry into my shoulder until he fell asleep.

I hated it. He even cried himself to sleep and there's was nothing I could do about it.

"Let's skip, I wanna take you out!" he exclaimed, jumping up and down on the bed like a little kid. I rolled my eyes before pushing him back down.

"Why would we skip? You can take me out tonight," I told him.

"Maybe I want to spend the whole day with the girl I've fallen truly, madly, deeply in love with." I scoffed while he picked me up by the waist and set me onto his lap, like I was straddling him.

"You have a double chin," I said, smirking. Luke tilted his head back way too far, yet it gave me complete access to his neck. When my lips came in contact with his collar bone, the only noise out of both of us was a groan from him.

"Paige," he mumbled as I made my way up his neck. I began to bite and suck a little, while he let out a soft moan, so I tangled my fingers in his hair only to hear him growl. "I will fuck you on this bed right now if you keep doing that," Luke breathed out, but I pulled away.

"I cannot believe you just said that," I laughed and dug my fingers into his shoulders.

"Ow. Said what?" he asked.

"You used the f-word to talk about sex!" I yelled, throwing my arms out.

"Oh, yeah, well only-" he paused. "- you're turning me on," Luke mumbled, obviously embarrassed since he was blushing a whole hell of a lot.

"Oh," I whispered. "Okay."

"Okay?" He sat up with me still on him.

"Okay," I nodded, cracking a smile. "Okay." I kissed him, just so he wouldn't talk anymore, and it felt great. So what? We were most likely going to skip class and hang out all day. There wasn't a big deal, and we hardly ever saw each other because of school. "Why don't we talk about your band?"

"Why would we do that?" Luke asked me, a confused look on his face as he sat up.

"Well, because I never hear about you guys. What are some songs you have? How's it going?" I was actually quite interested in stuff like this, it made me wish that he would tell me more often.

"We have like nine billion songs," he laughed. "One of my favourites is End Up Here, though."

"Really?" I sat up. "Why?" He shrugged. "Oh come on, just tell me. Is it upbeat?"

"Well-" Luke shifted next to me on the. bed. "- yeah, I guess that's why I like it. It gets me in the mood."

"What if in another alternate universe, your band is famous?" He let out a loud cackle and shook his head.

"You're funny. Let me get ready..."

"No, I'm being serious!" I pushed him back down next to me. "You could be touring with like ... One Direction or something; you know? How cool would that be?"