Epilogue.

3 years later

Luke proposed to me on April 12th, the same day he had hit his ex-girlfriend a few years back. At first, I thought it was a little strange considering it was the day he hated most of all, but then I put the pieces together.

Apparently, he had planned it two years in advance, he'd also been saving up for the ring, too. While I had gotten a job at some strange bookstore near the University, he had gone out of his way to get a job interview at Nelly's.

It was adorable.

He wanted to remember the day he proposed, he told me, and that was why he made it April 12th, so he didn't have to continue feeling like a huge asshole on that day. His words, not mine. And of course, it would have really been the worst day if I had said no.

But I didn't, of course.

We had struggled with our relationship in our second year of college after Luke and I got into a massive fight over something stupid. He said I was taking up too much of his time, and I said he was taking up too much of mine.

He left after that. For three weeks, I had lived in his apartment alone until one night, at four in the morning, he knocked on the front door.

There he stood, with all of his belongings and tears dripping down his cheeks. He said he missed me too much, and everyday was worse than the one before. At that moment, I realised that something kept bringing us back, no matter how hard we tried to get away from each other.

It brought a smile to face, seeing Luke like that no matter how weird it looked. I welcomed him in, but not before I hugged him tightly, because there was no way I was letting go after this.

Eight months later, Gwen came up to me with the best news. Since it was her last year in college, Ashton had taken her to the beach. She explained it like this: he had found a shell, a big one, but it wasn't real. When she said that to his face, he pouted and shoved the shell in her direction. Inside, you could guess, was a ring, and when she looked up, Ash had the biggest smile on his face ever.

We attended their wedding last year, but Luke complained the whole time that he felt like throwing up. I didn't blame him, really, because there was no use for the band, after all, his drummer had gotten married.

Hunter and Calum, there wasn't much to say about them. They were a work in progress, but they were in love. As for Mikey, he had fallen hard for a girl in his major, Annie, and they ran away to Melbourne a few months ago together. Both Luke and I suspected that Michael would be the one to drop out of some school at least.

Even though we would most likely not see his face around here again, it felt like everyone was finally happy at once.

The doctor's, once more, wanted to see how Luke would do off of his anti-depressants- last year. And since then, he couldn't be better. Well, that was what he told me.

On April 12th, I had planned on heading over to see my family and how they were doing. Greg was now in college, and my mum only now had our dog, Rascal. Alice and Wes weren't there, but now Riley was about to start school, and it scared my mum to death. Luke came with me to my house, although we spent most of the day in my bedroom.

That was when he stood me up with a large amount of excitement, and walked us down the stairs without saying a word.

The park across the street was starting to look a little worn down, but that didn't stop him. He took me to the top of the play castle and set his hands on his hips, then his face dropped.

"Fuck!" Luke screamed almost at the top of his lungs and ran down the hill. A few minutes later, he came stumbling back with his jacket on. That was when I kind of realised what was happening. Unless he had something important to give me, he wouldn't have run back to just get his jacket.

He popped the question before he could even get down on one knee, he was that eager. But as he slipped the beautiful diamond ring on my finger, I almost had a Raven vision.

Luke was finally mine, and we were going to start a family.

With teary eyes and sweaty palms, I reluctantly nodded my head and he bounced to his feet before giving me the best kiss I could have ever imagined.

After many years of fights and heartbreaks, Luke and I were engaged, and just the thought of that caused my heart to beat ten times louder. Though he had to wait a bit, it surely didn't disappoint.

My life was, in fact, pretty awesome.