Chapter Sixteen

July 9th, 2015

It felt like yesterday was a whole blur. I had fallen asleep in Luke's car, I assumed, and woke up the next morning in my bedroom alone. Except, I could already hear his laughter because of something Weston said in the kitchen. I smiled to myself, thinking that it was the cutest laugh ever.

"I'll go wake her," I heard him say although he was already halfway up the steps. "Paige," Luke said loudly as he slammed the door behind him. "Wake up."

"No," I groaned, turning over so my face was in the pillow.

"Paige," he said again. "You've slept like half the day, I even showered here." His hands rested on my waist yet he didn't bother to pull me up.

"Without me?" I mumbled and looked up at him slightly. He smirked with a nod. "Asshole."

"Come on. Don't you want to see your sister and her son?" I nodded. "Why are you so tired, babe? You fell asleep at around 9 last night and it's lunchtime now. Will you please get up?"

"Make me," I dryly said, not expecting him to actually try and force me out of bed. Well, he didn't try, he pulled me up with no effort whatsoever. "Luke!" I squealed.

"Paige!" he yelled back, hoisting me into his arms like I were to be Scooby-Doo. "Your nephew is so cute, by the way. He's almost cuter than you, if that were humanly possible."

"Just be quiet," I muttered into his shirt, while gripping onto it with my hand so I didn't slip out of Luke's arms.

"Nah, I think I'm going to keep talking about how adorable you are all the way down to the living room." Instead of responding with something witty like I would have done, I just cuddled into him. I've never felt more safe anywhere else than being with Luke and having his arms around me. He did give the best hugs, and also... he was mine.

I fell in love with his scent, the colour of his eyes, the tightness of his hugs, the length of his legs, everything. It was so hard to say just one thing.

"Well, look at that, Paige lost the ability to walk," said Wes when we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm gonna let you go now, babe," whispered Luke and I obediently nodded before he set me down on both of my feet. Yet, his hand still stayed around my waist.

"I never though that you two, a year and a half ago, would start dating. Just kidding, yes I did. Give me a squeeze, Paige," my brother-in-law grinned before wrapping his arms around me.

"Hey, Wes," I chuckled, looking for Alice. "Luke, you said Riley was here."

"No I didn't," he smugly said. "I only asked if you wanted to see her."

"Everyone else is out shopping," Weston shrugged. "Even Gregory tagged a long." I glanced at the blond beside me, who had already been looking at me from the corner of his eye. He quickly darted his eyes back to the older man.

"That's weird," I said, blushing.

"So how long have you two been a thing? Tell me all of the details." I sighed and started to sit down on the love seat, but Luke took me by the hips and lifted me up so he could sit down instead.

"We started dating last May," said Luke. "But we were kind of like friends with benefits before that."

"So you've been dating for a year? What is this then? Love?" I knew Weston long enough to understand that he sucked at the sappy/ romance stuff, but he probably figured out that we felt more than just simple feelings. I mean, we were creeping up on the two year mark of knowing each other. Theoretically.