Chapter Nine

May 5th, 2015

I woke up the next morning in Luke's bed, but he wasn't beside me. In fact, he wasn't even in the room. Nothing eventful happened the night before, unless he got me drunk and- I didn't want to think about it.

I clutched the sheets and peered behind me at the door but saw nothing down the hall. The bathroom light was on, from what I could see under the door, so I assumed he was in there. It felt weird to sleep with him, though I was sure we'd done it before. Except it was a good weird, like, in the middle of the night, I woke up to find his arm lazily wrapped around my waist and my head on his shoulder. The thought made me smile.

I looked down to see his old Nirvana shirt hung loosely on my torso. It was his fault for being so broad. Sighing, I tossed my feet over the edge of the bed to get out, but I found it hard since my head hurt like a bitch.

"Paige!" yelled Luke from the bathroom as he threw open the door. He walked in with a toothbrush in his mouth, and Dora toothpaste in his hand. "Look!"

"Your mum must love you," I smiled softly.

"It's bubblegum flavoured!" When he said that, spit and toothpaste began to run down his chin and onto the floor. "Ah, fuck," he said, causing more of the bubblegum flavoured toothpaste to fall.

"Go spit, you weirdo," I said. Luke tried to stick his tongue out at me, but that didn't work as well as he thought it would. "You're getting toothpaste everywhere!" I groaned. He stomped off and about a minute later, he came back to clean the floor. "Nice back," I commented with a wink.

"Ha-ha," he smirked. "You made me take my shirt off last night, just so you could put it on."

"I know." He leaned over and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "I have a three o'clock class today."

"It's 8:30 in the morning, were good on time."

"What are you suggesting we do?" I raised my eyebrow. He just smirked even more before he grabbed me by the waist and threw me over his shoulder. "Hey!" I whined. If anything, I hated even the smallest of heights. "Put me down!"

"Okay," he simply said before dropping me back onto the bed, but he didn't allow me to get up. "You're trapped." Luke dipped his head down to move in for a kiss, but I moved my head so he could kiss the pillow. "Wow," he pouted.

Giggling, I put my hands on either side of his face to keep him from moving anywhere else.

"You're pretty," I said to him.

"That's an adjective to describe girls, not men." Instead of responding, I tilted my head up so our noses just barely touched, and my eyes met his. I haven't just fallen in love with him, I've fallen for every single detail, but I especially loved his eyes. There was something about how blue they were that made me go crazy.

"You're pretty," he whispered after a minute.

"I have bed head and probably drool all over my face."

"You're pretty," Luke repeated as he traced the outline of my jaw with his finger. "I love you." I loved the way he said it. Every time, his lips would tug up into a smile, and a small blush would appear on his cheeks but he pretended like it didn't happen. I took notice, though.

"I love you, too," I giggled at the ticklish feeling of his fingers moving hair behind my ear.

"What's better than this?" he breathed out, the bubblegum smell of his breath fanning my face. I couldn't imagine how bad my breath smelt.

"Does my breath stink?" I decided to ask.

"I'm not gonna answer that," he chuckled. "It's not too bad, otherwise I wouldn't do this." Luke didn't give me enough time to process what was going on until his lips roughly pressed against mine for a solid ten seconds. He then pulled away with a successful smirk on his face.