Chapter Twelve

June 2nd, 2015

He kept his jaw clenched for the whole ride over until I could practically hear his teeth grind. Every so often, he would change the radio station because the song reminded him of how pissed he was. As for myself, I had to take deep breaths. I couldn't even understand what I felt. After Luke had told Calum off for saying what he did, Luke grabbed my wrist and practically dragged me to his car so we wouldn't have to discuss it in public.

My heart would not stop pounding loudly my ears, and I felt like that if I moved a muscle, I would pass out. I almost did, which made Luke's mood turn from angry to concerned in under a second, but quickly, that went away.

I hated this side to him and I had hardly seen it before.

Ten minutes later, we arrived at his house after a long car ride of silence. I wasn't ready to discuss... whatever happened. I sort of wished that I never found out.

"I'm going to fucking kill him!" screamed Luke as he shut his bedroom door behind us. I jumped, practically ten feet into the air.

"L-Luke," I sputtered out while holding my hands up. "I-It's okay."

"No!" he roared. "It's fucking not! Paige! I was going to tell you! I was!" Just like that, there were tears spilling from his eyes like an ever flowing river.

"Then tell me," I whispered. Luke looked at me then back at his feet before wiping his eyes.

"I-It was before we broke up. And, I missed you so much, so I-"

"Fucked some other girl?" I blurted and immediately regretted it. He drew in a large breath while cringing. At that time, he didn't seem to care that I had said that, except then in the next second, he hit his fist against the top of his dresser.

"No!" Luke yelled. "Give me a chance to explain, please!" I shut my mouth. "It fucking killed me inside because of how much I missed you, and I was trying to battle depression and my APD- so I went to a bar." Finally, his voice lowered back down to a normal volume. "And I drank, and drank. All I can remember is drinking so fucking much. That's when I woke up the next morning, naked in someone else's bed!

"I told Calum because I've given you so much shit, I didn't know if you were going to handle it. You can't even say that everything I've done and all of my problems haven't affected you, and probably not in a good way either. Be honest with me Paige."

I took in a deep breath myself and thought. "You could have called me," I said instead of being honest.

"Fuck, Paige! I can't change anything!" he pretty much laughed.

"Do you think it was right for you to come back home and break up with me, though?" I shouted back. "Luke, that was the worst thing to do! It's time for you to be honest! Is that the only thing I need to know about?"

"If you so badly want to know how many girls I made out with or had sex with, then fine. I got together with three girls in England; I'm an asshole!" Luke screamed. "I know it! I'm an asshole for not losing my virginity to you! I'm an asshole for acting like it, too! Just lay it on me, Paige! Tell me that I'm the worst person!"

I slapped him, causing him to fall back a bit, but regain his footing so he could tower over me.

"Again," he growled. "Slap me again." I didn't. "Paige!"

"Luke!" I cried out, literally, I began to cry. His expression softened, but he was still pissed. "I'm not gonna hurt you."

"Too late," he spat before running his hand over his left cheek. "You slap like a bitch."