Chapter Thirteen

Angie POV

When we got back from our spring break almost everything was the same. People not listening to the teachers, doing their homework (most people), and learning. Ugh. The week passed by quickly. It was now Friday. The day of our track meet against Presidio.

"Sky! Today's our track meet against Presidio!" I squealed as she walked through the door.

"I know. Don't make me anymore nervous,"

"Remember what Harper said "You have to sprint the whole time or your going to LOSE!" I told her. I had done the 200 meters but I didn't know a strategy. So we asked Harper for advice since the only event that she had done in the past three years was the 200 meters.

"I know, her advice really made me feel better," Sky groaned.

"Hey! At least you don't have to do the 400 meters against Sierra and Hannah!" I said

"True," Sky said as the bell rang.

"Let's go!" I said and we ran inside.

"Hi Olivia! Ready for the track meet?" I asked

"Yeah. But I'm just a little nervous," she said and I nodded.

"What are you doing for your individual event?" I asked her.

"I'm doing the 100," She told me.

"Yeah, you would be good at that," I said. Today was our track meet against Presidio so we had to do our best events. But our coach said that we should try new events so most people were trying new events.

Sky POV

The day passed by fast and pretty soon we were sitting in the auditorium waiting to go on the bus.

"-so do your best because we are going against Presidio" The track coach said and we were dismissed to the buses. We were going to Kezar today so the bus ride was only going to be for like fifteen minutes.

"Were almost there," I told Angie.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," I told her for the one hundredth time.

"Now are we there?" She asked again

"No," I groaned.

She looked out the window, "Are you sure?"

"Angie SHUT UP!" I shouted.

"Sorry, at least I'm not singing frozen songs," she told me crossing her arms.

"Yeah, thank god," I looked out the window and saw the old but nice track.

"We're here!" Angie said

"I know," I muttered and we got off the bus. When we arrived in the stands I quickly put my spikes on and grabbed my track jacket.

Abbey POV

"Let's go warm up," Sierra called from the track.

"Okay!" I said as Angie and I went down to warm up with her.

"Were's Hannah?" I asked.

"I don't know. I think she's in the bathroom," I said.

"Let's just warm up," Angie said and we grabbed a baton and practiced our passing.

"Sorry the line for the bathroom was soooooooo long," Hannah said as she ran to us from the bathroom.

"It's okay, but we need to practice," I told her.