First Day Blues

"This is your dorm room, charming isn't it? I tried to get you a separate room but there truly weren't any available. I'm so sorry Sophie, I know I've disappointed you." My father, in his smart suit and combed greying hair, who once stood tall and proud now looked defeated.

"Come on dad, it won't be that bad. I know you've been trying really hard and things have been tough, I don't mind much I promise" I reassured him.

Truth is, I am fed up. Moving from school to school across the country, and now dad finds a job that really pays and of course he had to take it, no doubt about it. Little did I know this was an all boys boarding school, which dad would have to stay at for months at a time. Of course, I had no other choice but to either go to an all girl's boarding school for a price that we have no chance of affording, or to my dad's school for free.
Now I have to live with boys. I have no problem with males, obviously they can be dirty and say messed up shit but I've had some decent guy friends.
Thing is I've never really caused trouble before. I've done things with guys, I know what they like and I'm not afraid to show off what I've got but I've never done anything scandalous before. Or at least no one thinks I have.
We were standing in the door way of my new living quarters. A predominately wooden room, with two warm beds and two desks, already piled with this years text books. A large window overlooking the school chapel and garden was also included.

"You're room mate is head of year 11, he is a respectful young boy and is happy to share a room with you." Dad continued.

Yeah I bet he doesn't mind sharing a room with a girl. I'm sure he's hardly ever spoken to one and now he's gonna sleep just a few metres away from me. I bet he'll be some perve ready to take pictures of me in my underwear and send them to all his loser friends.

"Ah here he comes now."

A 6 foot tall, brown haired blue eyed teenage boy walked towards us. He reached out to shake my fathers hand.
"Principle Laney, good to see you, this must be your daughter?" He looked at me innocently with a charming yet shy smile.

"I'm Sophie." I said with a small smile. Okay, so this guy wasn't a total disappointment. Still he's obviously going to be one of those "rich, thinks he's better than everyone else, sucks up to adults" type of guys.

"It's very good to meet you Sophie, my name is Joe. I think I can take her from here Sir, we will see you at dinner." Joe practically dismissed my father.

I hugged my dad goodbye and told him I was going to be alright.
Joe picked up my bags before I could object and placed them on the bed next to the window, how did he know I wanted that one?

"Look I get that you probably don't want to be here, but we're gonna be spending a lot of time together so we may as well get the formalities out of the way." Joe leaned against a wall that had a blank pin board hung up on it.

"Good. I'm glad we're on the same page. Everything out in the open, I get why you chose to share a dorm with me. I'm a girl, and sure you're not too bad looking but I don't doubt you're basically deprived of my kind through most of the year. But nothing's gonna happen here, let me make that clear." I tried to be firm but honestly this guy was cute, I'm determined not to get too close to him in that way though, just friends.

"Yeah of course." I expected him to start making some sly remark or something, but he just continued to be understanding.

"Just because we're living together does not mean I'm gonna change anything about myself or how I act. I'm going to be my complete self and you might not like that." I was wearing a white singlet top and some blue mom jeans, I caught him staring at my chest for a second but apart from this he actually seemed okay so far.

"Friends is good with me." He gave me a large smile and offered to help unpack my bags or give me a tour of the school, I declined and said I needed alone time to which he did not object and instead read a book on his bed.

// Joe's perspective

Okay I'm seriously the luckiest guy at this school. This girl, Sophie, is freaking gorgeous! I can't believe I get to practically live with her, the other guys are gonna be so jealous. She seemed sweet so far, and so beautiful I just want to stare at her face all day. In a non creepy way if you get what I mean. Her tanned skin and light brown hair, green eyes that reel me in.
I'm trying to be as nice as possible, she's probably hating being here, without any girl friends. I'll be her friend though. She also said I'm "not bad looking" so she must be kinda into me... right?

I'm trying to ignore her, give her space, read my book but she started to unpack and take out literally everything from her bags and put them on her bed. Including her lingerie. I don't mean to stare but her back is to me so she can't see that I'm watching her unpack. Oh my god. Gee strings and lacy bras galore. I realised my mouth was hanging open slightly and quickly closed it.

Sophie started to turn around so I went back to my book abruptly.

"Would you mind helping me? I can't really reach that top shelf." She was about 5"3, adorable, I shot up and helped her out immediately. She put some sports bras and workout gear in the draw and I slid it back in for her.
"Thanks Joey." She said smiling up at me, "can I call you Joey?"

"You can call me anything you like. Do you need help with anything else?" I realised I was pointing towards her underwear lying on her bed by accident. So embarrassing.

"No I'm good with those," she have a giggle, and I smiled hearing her cute laugh. "You know any other boys that could help me out though?"

I look at her confused.

"Just kidding! But really what're the guys like here?" We sat down on our own beds and I began to tell her about each group of guys, the guys she should probably stay away from, the nerdier guys that would never touch her but would probably dream to someday. And of course about the teachers, good and bad.

"Thanks Joey, I'm glad you're actually a good guy. If I'm honest I was expecting to be put in a dorm with some weirdo perve that would take pictures of me and say messed up shit to me. To be honest, I'm pretty lucky to be sharing with you."

She likes me! She really does! This is the first step. I won't be like those weirdo guys she's talking about, I'll protect her from them.

//

~~~~~

Thank you for reading the first chapter! Not too juicy so far but it'll get there. Please vote and comment and leave recommendations for what you'd like to see in the next chapters, they might end up in the story! Xoxo continue reading, new chapter out soon!