Split

Disclaimer: Everybody has different views of how their school grades define them, some don't care, some think it's everything. Just remember; how you do in school doesn't define how you are as a person, and how Sophie/others see their grades in this story are just character choices I've made. Some think that C's are good (me lol) and others see them as failing, both is fine okay idk how to explain this further lol thanks bye

"Shit."

"What?" Joe leaned up hazily from his bed.

"Our exam results are in." They'd each been slid under the door in big white envelopes, I don't get why they mail them to each individual dorm, surely it'd be easier to upload them to a website or something.

"Oh."

"I can't open it I did so shit."

"Want me to do it for you?"

"I don't know... maybe I should just not open it."

"You can't run away from it they're just exam results, they can't hurt you, plus you get A's in like every subject so there's nothing to worry about."

I hadn't told him that my grades had dropped in almost every subject.

"You do it."

"Alright." Joe jumped out of bed and grabbed my envelope. He was smiling as he did it, "I bet the lowest you'll get is like an A-, you have nothing to worry about."

His smile slowly dropped as he read through the page.

"Shit." I slumped onto my bed.

"Hey it's not that bad! You got mostly B's - look 70%!"

"A 70% is a C+." I said negatively.

"Well its a high C!" Joey shook my shoulder.

"What about bio?"

"Ummm"

"What'd I get Joey?" I snatched the paper away from him taking my first look at the disappointment I knew I'd be hearing about from my father. "I failed it."

"I'm sorry Soph, I'm sure you can retake it, it's no big deal."

I scrunched up the paper and threw it on the floor. "Yeah no big deal." Huge deal. "I'll just retake it." I'd never failed anything in my life.

"That's my girl! Come here." Joey hugged me and kissed my pink cheek. "There's always next time, and me and the guys can help you study."

"Thanks." I muttered half heartedly. "I should go see my dad... he's expecting me."

"Right, your dad, sure... you want me to come with you?" Joey looked unsure of something.

"Nah it's fine. I'll see you later."

—-

I was walking towards my dad's office, he'd messaged me earlier asking to meet him. As I neared the office door it opened and an angered Jackson charged out, looking down and avoiding eye contact with everyone around him. He pushed and shoved people out of his way, I didn't want to deal with him and quite frankly would rather never see him again, so I quickly hid around the corner and waited for him to pass.
What was his problem? Why was he charging out of dad's office like that?

"Dad?" I peaked my head into his office. "You alright?" He was sitting in his big leather desk chair, facing away from me.

"Yeah honey I'm fine." I could tell something was up, he had his guilty face on for some reason.

He suddenly got up and hugged me, "What's up? You're acting weird."

"I expelled Jackson."

"What." I broke out of the hug, amazed at what I just heard.

"Honey, I know what he did and I don't understand why you didn't come to me, it disappoints me, we've lost each other over the past year."

"I didn't know what to say to you..." How did he find out?

"Well he's gone now, I promise." I was glad he didn't push the conversation further because I really didn't want to keep talking about it. But it still felt like there was something he wanted to say, and I knew what was coming. He'll sign me up for extra credit work or put me in the harder classes to push me more, rather than the easier ones to get on my level.

"Honey, sit with me." This time, instead of sitting on either sides of his desk, we sat next to each other. "I don't think it's a good idea for you to attend this school anymore. There's a suitable girls boarding school an hour away from here-"

"Stop!" Didn't see that coming. "I can't move."

"But honey, it's been so hard for you-"

"No- well okay yes it's been difficult but it's getting better."

"I don't want to put you through this any longer, you don't have to pretend to be strong anymore."

"I am strong! Stronger than you think and there's no fucking way I'm moving schools!"

"Well you definitely are moving if you keep talking to me like that, young lady!"

"Fuck off." I stormed out of the office.

"Pack your bags, next week your gone!"

BAM! The slam of his door as I threw it shut behind me.

~~~~~
Sorry about making you guys wait for so long! My account messed up and I though I'd lost the whole story cos nothing was showing up anymore. Thankfully it's all good now

Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment xoxo