Jealousy and Confession

"So did you have any dreams last night?" I asked Joey cheekily.

We were at breakfast, our table full of our group of friends, Joey to my left and Larry to my right as usual. Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, waffles everything you could want. Honestly, at every meal I went crazy, if there's food in front of me I've got to eat it, it's a disease.

"Umm no don't think so, I usually don't remember my dreams." Joe started to go red in the face.

"Have you finished your part of the biology assignment yet, Sophie?" Xavier chimed in, we were partners for this dumb ass biology assignment about making a monster and I don't even know, it's bullshit. I hate bio.

I'd totally forgotten about it, which was super unlike me. "No I haven't, I'm so sorry Z you know bio is my only shit subject! I was forced into it cos there were no spaces left in any other class."

"That's okay, I can do it." Xavier said with an understanding smile.

"No! I can't let you, I'll do it, come by tonight and help me but I'm not letting you do it alone okay?" I didn't want to start being co-dependant, or act like I needed help just because I'm a girl. This way he can still help me out a little but I can still take responsibility for my part. Yeah, I'm really bad at asking for help.

My day went on boring as usual, I continued to avoid the stares best I could. The guys were getting used to me now but there were always those dicks who couldn't just leave me alone.

---

Three small knocks at Joey and I's door, "Come in!" I'd gotten a start on the assignment but was waiting for Xavier to tell me what to do, he's a bio whiz basically.
He sat down in a chair next to me, we both started to work on the wooden desk in front of us. Joe finished his history on his bed, I could just see him out of the corner of my eye.

The hour went on, we got most of the work done but when Z is so funny it can get distracting. He'd make me giggle and he'd sort of stare at me sometimes. He was normal with me like 99% of the time, but I understand where he is coming from with that other 1%. He's the youngest of 5 boys. He's not a shy guy but before me he'd never been friends with a girl. Plus, I won't lie, I kinda like the attention sometimes. What can I say?

As we continued to work and laugh, but mostly laugh, I felt Xavier start to flirt. He put his hand on my thigh, high on my thigh. I quickly went quiet, moved it off and went back to work. I guess he was getting the wrong idea?

I could feel Joe's eyes staring at the situation, "It doesn't sound like you guys are getting much work done." He said in a disgruntled tone.

"Are we distracting you from the story's of Ancient Greece dear Joe?" Z said sarcastically, "You know we don't have to read that for ages, you're like a month in front of the class."

"Alright Z come on back to it." I grabbed his arm to turn him back to the desk.

He turned and then grabbed my hand in his, "Yeah, let's get back to it then." He looked up at me.

"Actually, I think it's time for you to go mate." Joey stood up triumphantly.

"Alright fine, you'll have to help her out then." Xavier stood up defensively and grabbed his books, "There's no hope." I heard him muffle to Joey.

He slammed the door behind him.

"You didn't have to make him go, he's an innocent guy." I said.

"Yeah I did! He was being all weird with you..." He folded his arms and looked me deep in the eyes.

"And why do you care so much about what happens to me?" I took a step towards him, I wanted him to just say it already!

"Because... I just... it's important that... never mind." He became frustrated with himself. "Do you need help or not?" He sat down at the desk.

"No I'll be fine."

"You sure?" He raised an eye brow.

"Okay maybe just a little." I gave in.

We spent the night completing the assignment, well mainly Joey completing it to be honest. I'd get frustrated with not understanding concepts and lie on the floor, he'd join me moments later to stroke my hair and make me feel better with surprising words of wisdom.

"I think we're good, I'll be okay." It was almost time for bed and I was beat, I couldn't deal with anymore biology for at least 2 days.

"You did well tonight, you know." He smiled, he jumped into bed, under his covers and started stripping of his clothes to sleep in his underwear.

"You know you don't have to do that anymore." I said with a laugh. "It's just underwear I've seen worse!"

"Yeah okay, good night Sophie." He turned off his lamp and lay still.

I got changed into my pyjamas, not worried if he was watching me because I knew he would never look, and fell into bed. Suddenly a wave of sadness fell over me. I'd been trying to suppress it all day, September 2nd, 12 years since my mother died. Silent tears, with muffled cries escaped my mouth. I needed warmth.

Was it too much? I got out of bed and shook Joey awake, "Hey Jo Jo," I wiped away a tear.

"Sophie what's wrong?!" He looked extremely concerned straight away.

"Do you mind if I sleep in your bed tonight I just... I really need someone right now."

He was somewhat surprised at first but immediately opened his arms to me and I fell into them, his strong body held me as I weeped.

I fell asleep slowly, and heard one thing before I drifted off, was I imagining it?
"Sophie?" I didn't respond. "I love you." Joe's deep voice sent me off.

~~~~~

Thank you for reading the tenth chapter! Please leave any recommendations for what you'd like to see in the next chapters, they might end up in the story!  Please vote and comment Xoxo continue reading, new chapter out soon!