Turn Around

Meet me in the year 11 common room
- Joey

Joe's text left me confused and intrigued. I got back from my run, cooled off and headed for the common room. I was gaining more confidence walking around the school halls. I'm slowly caring less and less what the boys think of me - Jackson will pay though.

The hallways were quiet and the lights were all turned off, what's going on?

"Joey?" I called out and turned on the lights.

"SURPRISE!!!" I was ambushed by nearly my whole year level jumping out at me with streamers and party poppers - balloons and a table of food filling the room also.

"Oh my God!" I covered my face in embarrassment. "What's going on?!"

Joey made his way through the crowd, "We thought you deserved something, you're a really special person Sophie, don't forget it."

All of the boys called out sarcastic awws and teased him for cheesiness.

"Alright shut up you lot!" Hunter came out from the side of the crowd, he was on the swimming team and we'd spent a lot of time together at trainings, he's quite the party boy though. "Tonight is to celebrate this week of exams and may we pray it comes to an end quickly!" A round of cheers came. "And of course to appreciate Sophie, because I don't think any of us have done that enough."

The little party went on, it was low budget and clearly last minute but I loved it nonetheless.

"When was this planned?" I asked Larry in amazement, talking over the music.

"T'was all our dear Joseph over there. He got round to our whole year level and wanted to make sure you knew that you really are just like one of us, this is the turn of a new leaf miss Laney."

"Hopefully one where these guys stop treating me like a zoo animal."

"That was the point, I guess the boys just needed a bit of a reality check. Of course, not everyone is here but-"

"It's okay, I love this, I don't care if some people miss out." Of course Seth and some of his mates, and Jackson and his two followers didn't show. But I didn't care, they'd probably ruin it.

I saw Joey talking to a bunch of guys and went over to him, holding my arms around his waist.

"You boys mind if I steal him for a minute."

"Whe-hey not at all." They boys all jeered and gave Joe funny looks and winks.

I lead the boy by the hand around a hidden corner.

"Hi-"

I cut him off with a kiss like never before.

"Wow-"

"Uh uh don't speak yet." I kissed him some more and finally said, "Thank you so much for tonight, and for everything else, for being one of the best people I've ever known. I love you."

Before he could reply I went back into the crowd and got myself some more soda.

We danced, ate, and I got a lot of genuine, heart warming apologies from the guys. Apologising for saying certain things or acting whatever way they did before. It felt really good. Maybe that loneliness I've been feeling will start to fade.

As the night went on, most of the boys left having to follow curfew or study for exams, only my main group remained. We were all lying around on the couches or on the ground.

"Thanks guys. I really, really appreciate this."

"Anything for you Soph." Pete said.

Soon we'd all cleaned up a little headed back to our dorm rooms.

"I'm gonna head to bed, it's been a long day." I said, getting into my pj's.

"Yeah same here, gotta rest up for tomorrow."

"Thank you again."

"You don't needa thank me anymore!"

"Okay, okay!"

We both headed to bed, Joey turned the lights off and fell silent. Then, as quiet as I could I crawled over to Joe's bed and started to kiss him.

"What're you doing?" Joey smirked.

"I'm not done with the thank you's." I sat on top of him, making out between short speech.

"I thought you wanted a break from this stuff?"

"Let's just say that break is... on a break."

"I can live with that."

I rode him, doing everything I know he loves, driving him crazy, making him moan.

"Shhh not so loud!" I laughed.

We  finished off, cleaned up and calmed down together.

"You're amazing you know that?"

"Ditto kiddo."

"You know what we're doing would totally be against school rules." There he was going back to being that perfect private school boy.

"That makes it even hotter then doesn't it?" I whispered in his ear. "You're just such a rebel."

"Oh stop." He could tell I was teasing him.

"Now go to sleep Jo Jo." I kissed him again and fell asleep softly, ready for better days ahead.

~~~~~

Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment xoxo