D&M

"So how many years have you boarded here?" I asked Joe, he was wearing a cuddled maroon knit jumper and had his hipster glasses on for reading.
Joe was reading on his bed while I lay on the floor, looking up at him. I don't know why but sometimes the floor is really comfortable, somehow.

"Since the 1st grade." He said, matter of factly.

"Wow! I thought they only boarded from year 10 to 12?"

"The primary and middle campuses are in different places, you wouldn't have any classes there."

"Why've you come here for so long? Have you always liked it here, do your parents work a lot or something?"

"Well I guess since I got here it just sort of felt more like home than my real one. My parents..." he paused for a moment and took a deep breath, "They've not always been as supportive as possible, they've never really payed too much attention to me. I honestly sometimes wonder why they ever even considered having a kid."

"I'm really sorry Joey."

"It's ok, truly, I have friends and great teachers and I know my place here, I'm comfortable."

"And you have me." I gave him and cheesy smile.

"Yeah, and you." The conversation came to a lull for a moment, "So what's your story, why're you here?"

"Nah, let's get back to homework." I avoided the question.

"Come on! Whenever we get to this topic you dodge it."

I looked at his puppy dog face, "Fine! My mum died when I was 5. Ever since then me and dad have been going across the country following teaching job after teaching job, I've been home schooled for basically all of my life but went to a normal school in year 7, half of 8th and then last year, for 10th grade. Dad got offered this job, it pays a lot, I was all for it, and then I found out it was for a boys boarding school and couldn't back out by then. That's it."

"Wow, I'm sorry about you mum I didn't know."

"How could you know?"

"All that moving around never bothered you?"

"Of course it did silly! The one good thing about it was that if I made mistakes I'd be able to move on in about a month and never see those people again." I explained

"What kind of mistakes?" Joe asked hesitantly, leaning in, getting more interested.

"Naughty things." I gave him a wink and then a giggle, making fun of myself, he gave a small and awkward chuckle.
Joey continued to lean in intently.

"You really wanna know?"

"Well you don't have to tell..."

"Alright basically I was going through a hard time and I needed an outlet so I... had sex with these 2 guys and it started this whole, I don't know, thing about me being a slut and putting out easy." I said quickly. Joe had a sort of shocked look on his face, does he see me as some innocent uptight kid? "And this all just really got to me, and I'd promised myself that my first time was going to be special and with someone that actually cares about me and I'd care about them but suddenly I'm in a car with him and it feels bad but good and-" I was caught in my own thoughts, revealing more than I ever had to anyone. "Sorry I've never told anyone that before."

"It's okay, you know that you can tell me anything."

"Don't go thinking that I put out and will just hook up with any guy! I trust you to not tell anyone this Joseph."

"Wow Joseph isn't even my real name but sure I'll give it to ya." He had a quick chuckle. "It's okay Sophie, my thoughts of you haven't changed because of something you did in the past. And I won't tell anyone I swear it."

"Thanks... thing is..." I hesitated, "Oh well at this point I can tell you just about anything. Sometimes I feel like I could do it again, you know? Like we all get horny and stuff but being surrounded by boys is hard sometimes. Like usually you think of the guy preying on the girl cos they're horny 24/7, which I mean some boys do speaking from personal experience, but sometimes I'm like, I just need to mack you know?"

"What is 'mack'?" He said through laughter.

"Like make out."

"Yeah I mean..."

"Was that TMI? Sorry we just got to talking and I felt comfortable enough to share it with you, not sure if I should have kept that to myself." I started to worry.

"No it's okay, this is a safe space." He impersonated a therapist.

"Funny," I giggled. "What about you? Now you gotta share something like that come on."

"Alright um..." He really looked nervous. "Ok I'm a virgin."

"Honestly not too surprising."

"Oi what does that mean?!" He was slightly offended.

"I just mean you're not exactly around girls very often, I mean if you're in to girls that is."

"Yes, I'm in to girls Sophie. It's just that, I want my first to be someone I actually care for and... okay I don't meet a lot of girls but I have met some and have had some opportunities I guess but I'd never take them. This just isn't something I can talk about with my mates." I was honestly surprised he'd talk about this, usually guys act like they've been with dozens of girls and are a king in the sheets. "Anyways..."

"Yeah..."

"Um..."

"Close your eyes I needa put on my sports bra."

Joe easily turned around to give me privacy.

I had an idea, to see what Joey really thinks of me, is this scheming cos I feel like it kind of is? "Would you mind helping me stretch? I'd go to the school gym but I feel so uncomfortable."

"Yeah sure!" Joey jumped up eagerly.

~~~~~

Thank you for reading the eighth chapter! Please leave any recommendations for what you'd like to see in the next chapters, they might end up in the story! Please vote and comment Xoxo continue reading, new chapter out soon!