Punch Up

Joe's POV

"We've gotta do this guys." I encouraged the boys. Everyone had joined me, we'd agreed to skip the last two lessons of school to confront Jackson once and for all. "We're gonna keep this clean, just confront him, get in, get out."

All the boys, twelve of us gathered together, were ready.

Jackson was with a couple of his minions, outside a pub, passing around a cigarette. I wanted to give him a piece of my mind, I wanted him to know what he'd done to Sophie.

"Oi!" Z yelled out.

"Hey, keep cool." I said quietly to the boys. "Remember, I want this clean."

"What're you boys doing here?" Jackson yelled out, giving a confident chuckle.

"We need to talk. You know what you did was wrong Jackson-" I started.

"Wrong? A lot of you guys seemed to like it, didn't you?" Jackson protested.

"Hey! We've changed, you should too ass hole." Larry chimed in.

Jackson's buddies 'ood' sarcastically at this.

"Guys cut it out, we aren't here to cause trouble. Bottom line Jackson, if you do anything to hurt Sophie ever again, we will come for you." Jackson and I were so close to each other I could feel his breath bounce off his upper lip and onto my face. "Is that understood?"

We starred each other down for what felt like minutes.

"I said, is that understood?"

"Answer the question shit face." Hunter bounced in and shoved Jackson's frame, giving into his anger.

"You wanted this to be clean and easy right?" Tom said. "Too late for that now."

Suddenly, pandemonium was upon us, punches thrown left and right, bleeding gums and noses, hits to cause crater sized black eyes, yells and battle cries and shouts filled the space, it was done, the anger built up in me was unleashed and I lost myself.

Jackson's face was my target and I didn't stop hitting it until I was pulled off his body by some of my mates. The battle pain in my knuckles hit me once the adrenaline had worn off. My team left, victorious but batted up. Sore but delighted with our win.

"Didn't quite go to plan huh?" Larry said to the boys, small chuckles and huffs escaped their mouths.

"That's alright lads, I think I can forgive that one." I said with a cheeky grin, I was proud of my boys, we'd stood up for Sophie, even if it was in the most testosterone filled way possible, it didn't matter to me right now.

~~~~

I entered my dorm room, wanting one thing, Sophie in my arms.

"What's wrong Soph?"

I found my girl with wet cheeks, her face splotched red, lying on her bed.

"My- my dad- he- I have- I have-." Sophie struggled through deep sobs.

"Come here, don't worry we'll work it out." I held her and stroked her soft hair.

She looked up at me slowly, sadness truly filling her face, "What happened to you?" She remarked lightly touching my cut lip and finding my bruised hands.

"It doesn't matter right now, tell me what's wrong Soph, what's up with your dad?"

"He's making me move school." She said after calming down, with a voice of total defeat.

"Are you serious?"

A simple nod against my chest came in response.

"I can help, I'll-"

"Stop. You can't do anything. It's done." She stepped away and got her suit case from the top of our wardrobe, a small sprinkling of dust rained down.

"What're you doing? You're not leaving now!"

"No, but I may as well get started on packing. I've got a week." She was so sad, no life in her.

I couldn't handle how quick she was going, it felt like I'd known her forever, but at the same time I hadn't had her for long at all. "A week! That's plenty of time to turn things around. Please Soph! Just stop, let's go for a run or find some stupid books in the library to make fun of or watch a-"

"You don't need to help with this one, take a step back Joe." Sophie was so calm now, I couldn't understand her behaviour, perhaps it was the defeat holding her back from anger right now.

I sat down on her bed to take the situation in. "I don't know what to say."

"Don't worry Joey. We have a week together, we'll make the most of it, then I'll make my way to the girls boarding school a few hours away from here. I can visit you, or you can visit me and all the other girls will fawn over you because you'll be the only male meat they've seen in a century." She was trying to make me laugh, make me feel better, I should be doing this for her. "And it'll be fine."

There was a thickness in the air, it weighed both of us down.
Sophie sat next to me, our sides touching, her head plopped onto my shoulder.

"My dad promised he'd never send me to an all girls school again, he must be pretty serious about this. He never breaks promises."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

"I will fix this Sophie. I promise you."

"Yeah, okay Joe." I heard the doubt in her voice, she believed I couldn't do anything about this, and maybe I couldn't. But I sure as hell am not gonna sit back and let Sophie slip away so easily.

~~~~~

Sorry about the wait kids.
Some of your guys' suggestions for the story are really good! Definitely taking them on board, keep commenting them if you have more!

Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment xoxo