Chapter Eleven

Adams POV:

I glanced around my class and noticed Tommy wasn't in again. Its going on for nearly 2 months, my investigation is over now seeing as Tommy hasn't been in they dropped the case. I hope he's getting tutored at home, he's not actually been in school for 3 months now. His parents said he's going through a rough patch but they didn't outline exactly what. I really need to get my mind off of him, but I cant get him out of my head.

I also know that It cant be, I mean he's still my student right even if he hasn't been in for ages. Ashley and Tommy have tried to set me up with every guy they can find, they introduced me to a Finnish guy called Sauli just last week. He's cute but I've not bothered to contact him yet im hung up on Tommy. No Adam stop you need to snap out of it, "Sir can we go the bell has just rung for break" Lilly said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What oh yes class dismissed" I said waving my hand at them as they all filtered out. There was a knock on the door as one of the receptionists came in, "Hey Adam I have a letter for you.. Are you ok?" she asked as I looked up from the desk. "Huh? Sorry I was miles away did you say you have a letter?" I questioned as she handed it to me, smiled and headed out of the room.

I opened the envelope to find a letter written in swirly copper plate lettering.

Dear Adam,

I'm writing this letter to you because I'm moving schools when I'm better, I'm not sure how long it will take but please find someone nice. You don't need me Adam and however much I may need you its not ever going to work out. Just please make sure you carry on helping out students like me, the different ones that no nothing but bullying and name calling at school. My parents haven't told the school about my conditions, Ive told them not to I don't want people at school to know.

I guess I will see you again at some point as I need to clear out my locker, but please just don't talk to me. You have no idea how much it still hurts that I cant be with you, because the truth is Adam I really did love you. Maybe I still do but my heart and my body cant handle anymore pain right now, I wish you the very best in life. All my love Tommy.

As I looked at the writing it went blurry as a drop of water dripped onto the pen smudging it, he said I don't need him. He has no idea how much I do need him, his conditions? He has more than one thing wrong with him and with no time frame of when he will be better it must be bad. This letter has really hit home of how much he's hurting, its like an insight into his mind and it kills me to read this.

I pushed the letter away and put my head in my hands as the tears just kept falling, I keep telling myself I don't care about him but its all just a lie. I think deep down I really care about him, maybe I even love him. I felt a hand on my shoulder "Adam?" the voice said as I looked up through my fringe and my eyes locked with Tommy.

He was a little bit less skinny now but his clothes still hung off him, his hair flopped over one eye and his eyes didn't sparkle as much as they used to. "Tommy?" I said as he reached out and wiped a tear from my cheek. "Hi, are you ok?" he questioned. "In fine" I replied, "do you seriously think I'm stupid I walk into your classroom and you're in floods of tears laying on your desk" he said.

"I Erm" I said as his eyes met his letter, "you read my letter didn't you. If I had known it would make you this distressed I wouldn't have sent it" he answered. "Yes I read it I had no idea how much I had hurt you and these conditions you have I cant help but think they are down to the way I just brushed you off" I explained. "I mean you're super skinny, you're eyes don't sparkle now and you always wear really long sleeved tops" I said.

"There's a perfectly good reason for all of those things, and although they might have a little to do with you they aren't entirely down to you. I should be in control of myself and not fall of the rails like I have at the moment" he said. "What exactly happened to you Tommy, I mean you've not been in school for 3 months I've been worried about you" I replied.

"I've been in the hospital for the past 2 weeks and counselling every week" he said as my mouth literally hit the floor. "Hospital? What happened?" I questioned, "I collapsed at home and they rushed me to hospital. I've been diagnosed with Anorexia and Depression that's why ive been off school. I've got a series of drugs I'm on and I had to stay in because I kept throwing whatever I ate and drank back up again and I had to be put on a drip" he said.

"Tommy I had no idea" I replied as he shook his head, "its fine only my family did but I'm moving schools now anyway so I guess this is goodbye he replied going to walk out. "Tommy please don't go this cant be goodbye" I said grabbing his hand as he spun round. "What do you mean this cant be goodbye" he said slightly confused. "It cant be goodbye because I love you Tommy" I said as his grip tightened round my hand.

"You have no idea how much I have wanted to hear you say that" he said. "So am I alone in this or?" I questioned, "no because I love you too" he answered. "Ok then well I'm going to kiss you now is that ok?" I asked. "Go ahead" he replied as I leant down and kissed him softly with my fingers tangled in his hair. His arms rested on my shoulders as he kissed me back, somehow being with him made everything better..