Chapter 1

Kadience's POV

I was the new girl at southwest high school in Cali. I didn't talk much, I didn't care about friends. They don't get you no where in life anyways. They not going to help me graduate high school, get a job or be successful in my life. Friends are let downs. I look at it as one big school full of fake bitches and that's what it always ends up to be. In my life I've been to 8 different schools. My mom always moved Every time she broke up with one of her boyfriends .... To a different state and I hated that. When I was 7 I met a girl named Katia and we were going to be best friends forever. That was my bitch and she was the realest one I had ever befriended. Katia always had my back. Back in Brooklyn where I'm from we wrote our names on a phone booth on 24th street. Sometimes I wonder if it's still there.

Our friendship ended when my mom buried her ex Rodney. He always gave my mother the finest things, he took her out to dinner often. And everyday she got off work she would have a new piece of jewelry. Hell he even bought her a car for her birthday. He spoiled my mother, anything she wanted she got, and my mother never asked for much. He even took me and Katia shopping when he felt like it.

One day I had came home from school to see my mother sitting on the sofa crying her eyes out. I asked her what was wrong and she told me Rodney was In a drive by shooting and got shot 5 times and he died at the scene. I heard that and my heart dropped. We both cried ourselves to sleep. The next morning I woke up my mom had packed all of our clothes and she was taking them to car. "Mom what are doing?" I asked her rubbing my eyes.

"We're leaving baby . I cant stay .... We can't stay here anymore . Rodney just died and this house... It leaves to many memories ."

"What about school ? What about Katia ? .... What about me ?" I asked my eyes suddenly filling with tears .

"Katia is outside waiting for you and you're coming with me ."

I hopped up off the couch and ran down the stairs out of our town house . I ran to Katia and hugged her so tight . "Imma miss you gurl " she said not even letting me go .

"Let's go " my mom said coming down the stairs . I got in the back seat of the car , looking outside my window as we were leaving Brooklyn for good reminiscing of my childhood days .