21 | Trackers |*Special Chapter*|

_____________________________________
| Quick Talk |

• There's going to be FOUR parts to this chapter
• Each part has around- or should eventually average out to- a little less than TEN pages!
• Hopefully this makes up for my hiatus? ^-^b *crosses fingers*
_____________________________________

3 years later.

___PART I___

Present time
_

The clock ticks it's large hand 'round one complete rotation. An hour had subconsciously passed and my lower abdominal region was gradually beginning to numb out, my fingers crisping as they contract and tense around the pistol grip of my sniper rifle. I kept my breath steady and reserved my heat the best I could, frequently eyeing the area below every 3 seconds or so.

We stationed ourselves in Beta Formation, a name for something our team leader assigned us to. Beta Formation consisted of 4 positions: FL, SV, BU, and SS.

FL- Front Line
SV- Safe View
BU- Back Up
SS- Surveillance Spotting

FL was Chestin. The man was from the Special Force Assault Division, SFAD, and did the dirty work for us without complaining. SV was Axel. He's always positioned in a separate building, away from the soon-to-come chaos, and exposes our enemy's weakness. BU was Helene and little Kora. Kora was a junior in training, and this would be the first mission she was assigned to test her teamwork abilities. And SS was me, the girl who'd been punishing her body for the last 3,600 seconds. Speaking of formations and my team, the suckers had been too quiet these past 15 minutes.

"... Y'all aren't sleeping on me are you," I breathed out silently, diverting my attention away from the scope for a moment to watch my own breath condense in the chilly air.

"It's been an hour," Chestin's voice broke through our earpiece, "they haven't come yet."

"Helene, status check," I murmured, repositioning my earpiece a bit after staying stationary for an hour.

"The two we killed earlier were dragged away," she responded after a series of crackling from the earpiece were heard as she connected, "The blood dried up a bit here. It won't be noticeable in the dark."

"And Axel?" I questioned.

"Here James," His deep voice chimed in and sent warm shivers throughout my frozen body, "Keep warm, you're the only one so high up."

I smiled and reached up to my earpiece to disconnect it with the others. I reconnected it to the R.U.'s channel, more specifically our team leader's communication system.

"Agent W," My team leader's voice came after a few seconds, "Is something wrong?"

I frowned as I surveyed the buildings 8 stories below and mentally envisioned where my teammates hid waiting.

"More like nothing's wrong," I replied matter-of-factly, "Can you check the movement of the Trackers? It's been a little over an hour and there hasn't been any signs or sightings of them. You don't think we've been mislead right?"

"Send an agent in the building," he said, "Try to find-"

There was a cackling noise that surprised me momentarily before Helene's voice broke through our connection.