24 | Confrontation

I was pressed warily against the wall, with little room between my body and his. I was getting irritated. What was his problem, I thought to myself as I stared up at his unreadable eyes. Finally, it got to a point where the silence was unbearable.

"I'm uncomfortable," I stated lowly, almost hinting at a growl.

Chestin raised his eyebrows and looked on without care. "You're uncomfortable? Let's get into why you're in this position."

"Chestin, I'm tired," I let out with a deep sigh, "Can't it wait till later today? You're being moody for no reason."

"It's urgent matter."

"I doubt it," I answered back, but wanting to sleep, I sighed and crossed my arms across my chest, looking back at him in annoyance, "What is it?"

"Open your phone," he suddenly commanded.

I frowned, "Chestin, what are you trying to do?" But I have nothing to hide, so I take out my phone. However, I hold it out for a moment while monitoring him. He seemed to stare at my phone like it was a person he didn't like.

I turned on my phone and the screen came onto the last app that I was on. Correction- the last app Chestin was on.

My Contacts.

— Liam — | 📞 |

I looked up at the man with a quizzled look.

"Who's he?" I asked, glancing back at the name.

Chestin glared at me in disbelief, but he blinked back a few times upon hearing my words. "Are you serious, Jamie?"

"I am fucking serious," I repeated, getting irritated that he was wasting my time with whoever his friend was, "Who the fuck is he?"

Chestin ran a hand across his face and stepped back- just a little- from me before staring at my eyes again. "Lennon, your memory can't be that bad."

"Why are you dropping informalities," I snapped, "I thought we were close."

"This isn't about us."

"Oh I believe so," I retorted, taking steps forward, so that he was the one backing slightly away this time, "What's gotten into you? Do you know how late it is? Can't I go to sleep, partner? I have a class to teach tomorrow and reports to turn in, you're taking away my sleep time for what? 'Liam?' A friend you called on my phone and forgot to delete the contact? I'm not responsible. I've been on loads of missions, visited plentiful places, and met with thousands of people in the past 5 years away from the R.U., and you're asking me who this one mere insignificant cunt is? Don't shit with me, Hall."

Chestin held his ground, but at the same time was forced to show some respect. Not as in age, but as in experience. I was a senior and well-recognized agent in the R.U., I point out shitty things when I see them. My partner was no exception.

"That's enough," came a low, grungy voice that sent chills down my spine.

Both Chestin and I snapped our heads in the direction of the voice and our eyes landed on Axel, who was rubbing his temple and squinting his eyes open.

"Axel," Chestin said before I could, walking over to the man. I stood in silence and frowned at the two men before me. One side of me was still vexed after Chestin gave me a hard time for no reason. The other side knew he probably meant well overall, and that I overreacted.